Saturday, March 7, 2015

The Top 8 Men and Women Are Revealed on Idol Season 14

GUYS..........

Daniel Seavey sang How Sweet it is to be Loved by You by Marvin Gaye-- I like Daniel and he definitely sold his personality more, but the song was a little low for him. Keith thought it was a good song choice. Jenn liked how he had fun, but felt the song was too low. Harry felt that he needed to swing more with the band.
Score: 7

Mark Andrew sang Papa was a Rolling Stone by The Temptations-- I felt like the melody of the song got lost, so much so, it was initially unrecognizable to me. Mark has a good voice, and he is very Phillip Phillips but he needed to look more like a rock star and less like someone standing up to do karaoke. Jenn felt he didn't connect with the song. Harry thought it was too "jam band" and that if he keeps doing that, it will hurt him.
Score: 7

Rayvon Owen sang My Girl by The Temptations-- I loved how Rayvon changed parts of the song, but kept the melody which is what makes the song special and well liked. His runs were incredible, strong full voice, and strong falsetto. Harry told Rayvon he will eventually need to take some risks. He loved everything about the performance and thought his presence was strong, but would like to see him develop an edge.
Score: 10

Adam Ezegelian sang I Want You Back by The Jackson 5-- This was definitely an improvement over next week. I like Adam as a person, I think he has a charming personality. I don't think his voice is as great as everyone thinks, I think it's overlooked because he is so well liked. Harry says he nailed every note. Jenn loved the arrangement and Keith thought it was the perfect song for him.
Score: 8

Clark Beckham sang Tracks of my Tears by Smokey Robinson-- Clark is one of the strongest voices in this competition, one of the best performances of the night, I loved how he felt the performance. Jenn thinks he is amazing but needs to take it further. Harry thought the performance lacked a beginning, middle, and an end. Keith wanted him to ditch the band and guitar.
Score: 9

Nick Fradiani Jr. sang Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder-- I liked how Nick made the song more pop rock than R&B, it was great, and Harry is right, it was a strong vocal. Harry thought it was strong overall, and encouraged Nick to sing more. Keith said Nick didn't seem totally comfortable playing the guitar.
Score: 9

Qaasim Middleton sang I Wish by Stevie Wonder-- I like Qaasim, and I think he has an explosive personality, but I do think he needs to pay attention to his vocals, because sometimes when you get that excited, vocals fall by the wayside. He definitely has stage presence. Keith said you're so funky, and you own the stage. Jenn told him to watch his vocal.
Score: 9

Quentin Alexander sang Master Blaster by Stevie Wonder-- Quentin definitely has the swagger to pull off this song. You need attitude to rock Master Blaster. Harry liked the way he layed into the groove. He did feel some reservation which he attributed to Quentin being chosen last,
Score: 9

In Trouble Next Week... Daniel Seavey, Mark Andrew, and Adam Ezegelian

.......................................................................................................................................

LADIES...................


Tyanna Jones sang Rockin' Robin by Michael Jackson-- Wow, I didn't think that was gonna be any good, but that was amazing. She sounded good, performed good.Keith said it was the perfect song for you. Jenn said that she really got throwback vibes from Tyanna's performance. Harry said, what can't you sing.
Score: 10

Loren Lott sang I Wanna Be Where You Are by The Jackson 5-- I loved the style of this song for her, but it seemed shouty when she did the "I Wanna Be Where You Are". Without question Loren has charisma and personality. I think the judges were overly zealous about her performance, but we'll see as time goes on.
Score: 8

Maddie Walker sang I'll Be There by The Jackson 5-- Keith said good choice of song for you, and you did a good job of changing it up. I agree with Harry's comment on changing up the dynamic but I am happy that she got through.
Score; 9

Joey Cook sang Shop Around by The Miracles -- I liked how different this was, she made the song work for her. Keith said I look forward to always listening and hearing what you do; I agree. I did not love Joey much last week, but I loved this performance on her. Harry felt she was really unique, she is so stylized that he feels some people may begin to tire of it.
Score: 9

Sarina Joi Crowe sang You Really Got a Hold on Me by The Miracles-- This was probably my favorite of the night so far; Sarina is one of my fave voices in the competition, she really reaches out and touches you when she sings. Keith said Sarina's tone is so beautiful and he said it was really good. Harry told her to be careful of going flat.
Score: 10

Adanna Duru sang Hello by Lionel Ritchie-- What a beautiful and heartfelt performance. I think she felt it lyrically. Keith said she owned the song. Harry told her to be careful of intonation. Jenn didn't love it but loves her.
Score: 9

Jax sang Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell-- I love Jax and she is a favorite in this competition as Jenn pointed out, but the arrangement was a little far off. I thought her vocal was strong though, lots of grit in this. Jenn said that song didn't work for me in that way, you want it to be you, but you changed it so much that you took it away from what the song is. Harry agreed and said you have to kill it right now.
Score: 8

Alexis Gomez sang I Can't Help Myself by The Four Tops-- Jenn found it to be really out of pitch. Harry said he is happy that he made it, generally speaking, you have to find a way to control yourself emotionally, but you're really good. Keith said that wasn't a good song choice for you. I agree with all the judges, I love this girl, but she needs to pull everything together and present a complete package.
Score: 8

In Trouble Next Week...... Alexis Gomez, Jax, Loren Lott


No comments: