Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Top 11 Sing Songs from The Movies on American Idol Season 14

Adanna Duru sang I Love You I Do by Jennifer Hudson from "Dream Girls"-- Jenn said she wanted more real emotion coming from the "you're the perfect man for me". Harry thought everything was good and strong. He said to focus more on the audience, and he feels the connection will be better overall. I liked this performance a lot, Adanna, always puts so much passion into her performance. I hope she sticks around.
Score: 9 out of 10

Daniel Seavey sang Lost Stars by Adam Levine from "Begin Again"-- Oh man, I love Daniel, but that was pitchy all over the place. Jenn thought it was okay, she felt his emotion, but didn't think it was his best performance. Harry said it wasn't strong tonight. Keith said it was a good song choice for him, but he needs to dig in a little more, and not be distracted by the audience.
Score: 6 out of 10

Rayvon Owen sang Stayin Alive by the Bee Gees from "Saturday Night Fever"-- I liked the arrangement of the song, but I felt like falsetto sounded a little weird at times, kinda manic. Harry admired the arrangement, but said how do you remain interesting? He said give yourself some lyrics you can chew on, he said you sing the falsetto notes, but there isn't a lot of substance.
Score: 7 out of 10

Nick Fradiani sang Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins from "Top Gun"-- Nick continues to grow in my opinion, that was a Chris Daughtry-esque performance. Keith said, I feel like you're getting more comfortable up there, and keep going in that direction. Jenn thought it was an improvement, and she thought the song and the tone was perfect for him, she told him to own it more. She said own your hotness. Harry said give yourself a song to be sexy on, I felt like that was the wrong song for you.
Score: 8 out of 10

Joey Cook sang Mad World by Tears for Fears from "Donnie Darko"-- Joey sounded amazing in that performance, it was so focused, serious, and beautiful. Jenn said Joey gave her Sia vibes. Harry said, you always stay in your lane, but you find other ways to show different parts of yourself, amazing job. Keith said, you're such an artist, you always deliver something unusual. I heard something in that song, I have never heard before.
Score: 10 out of 10

Tyanna Jones sang Circle of Life by Elton John from The Lion King-- I didn't like this performance, I am a big Tyanna fan, but this did not sound good, it was also pitchy all over the place. It almost sounded like she couldn't hear over the track. Harry felt she overshot the mark, he said there was some intonation issues, and it sounded like you yelled all the way through. Keith said she has beautiful tone and vibratto, but he said she had serious pitch issues.
Score: 7 out of 10

Quentin Alexander sang You're the One that I Want by Olivia Newton John and John Travolta from Grease-- I thought the ending was a little far fetched, but overall, I liked the way he changed the song. Jenn said it was very haunting and beautiful, it didn't translate as much as you felt it. Harry said you have to think about the pitch, that was horribly out of tune.
Score: 8 out of 10

Maddie Walker sang Let's Hear it for the Boy by Denience Williams from Footloose-- Once again, pitch was all over the place, and I thought it sounded very nasal. Harry said it wasn't very good, and I don't know who you are. Keith said he thought she should have chosen a ballad.
Score: 6 out of 10

Clark Beckham sang Sunday Morning by Maroon 5 from Cheaper by the Dozen 2-- Clark has a beautiful voice, and such artistry. His performance was so genuine, and I really felt that. I liked that he played the guitar because it connected him more to the song. Harry said you put your arrangement on that song and knocked it out of the park. Keith said you're such a good singer. Jenn said it was beautiful and so you and you did something with it that I really loved.
Score: 10 out of 10

Jax sang Grow Old with You by Adam Sandler from The Wedding Singer-- That was a cute performance, it's the first time in a while I have felt any heart whatsoever from her. Keith said I loved you doing that song, I thought it was beautiful. Jenn said I love that this played into the quirkiness of your voice. Harry said you're a high risk high reward kind of performer.
Score: 9 out of 10

Qaasim Middleton sang Come Together for Judges' Save, and I am not sure if I agree with the judges or not, but they saved him nonetheless. I will say, he sounded better than he ever has, but I don't know if this will continue.
Score: 9 out of 10

Who is in trouble for double elimination week? Daniel, Maddie, Rayvon, and Tyanna

No comments: