Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Voice Season 4: The Battles Continue

Team Adam: Michael Austin vs. Warren Stone sang My Kinda Party by Jason Aldean-- Blake said he would go with Michael who was rough around the edges. Usher said Warren made country young which gave it some swag. Shakira liked both equally. Adam said they come from totally different places within the realm of county. Because of his versatility, Adam chose Warren. Michael is a really good guy but I have to agree that Warren had such a smoothness to his voice that was extremely attractive.
Adam moves forward with Warren

Team Usher: Jeff Lewis vs. Josiah Hawley sang Roxanne by The Police-- Blake went with Jeff, Adam felt Josiah, not sure who Shakira wanted. She did say it's a tough song, I agree. Sting is such a distinct artist. Usher went with Josiah and I think he made the right decision because Jeff did not take it seriously enough. Josiah also seemed to have more natural star quality which made him an easier choice.
Usher moves forward with Josiah

Not Shown Battles:

Team Blake: Grace Askew vs. Trevor Davis sang Me and Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin
Blake moves forward with Grace Askew

Team Usher: Audrey Karrasch vs. Jamila Thompson sang If I Were a Boy by Beyonce
Usher moves forward with Audrey Karrasch

Team Shakira: Tawnya Reynolds vs. Mark Andrew sang The Chain by Fleetwood Mac
Shakira moves forward with Tawnya Reynolds

Team Blake: Caroline Glaser vs. Danielle Bradbery sang Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae-- Shakira thought the performance was refreshing; she was impressed by the uniqueness of their voices. Adam wanted Danielle on his team bad and thought he was an imbecile for not turning around for Caroline because there is something ethereal and magical about her. Blake loved both of them and regretted putting them together. Blake chose Danielle, I kind of knew he would, predictable. Usher and Adam both want Caroline; Adam was even flirting, lol. I think Danielle was more perfect as Adam said, but I love the inflections in Caroline's voice. I don't know who I would pick; I can tell you that I would love either one of them. Caroline ended up choosing Adam.
Blake moves forward with Danielle
Adam stole Caroline

No comments: