Monday, April 15, 2013

The Voice Season 4: The Battle Rounds Begin

A special mention to my special city: Boston! I love you, and whoever did this picked on the wrong city for sure. We're strong, resilient, and we refuse to be victims. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who was affected by this tragedy. 4.15.13-- We will always remember.

AGREE! Team Shakira: Garrett Gardner vs. J'Sun sang How You Like Me Now by The Heavy-- I thought this was a really odd song choice. I actually liked Garrett in this; it suited him more, and he performed better. Shakira ended up opting for Garrett; the grit in his voice did it.
Shakira moves forward with Garrett

AGREE! Team Blake: Holly Tucker vs. Michelle Raitzin sang Blown Away by Carrie Underwood-- Loved the way both ladies attacked this song with such fierceness. I liked how they harmonized. I personally enjoyed Holly more, but I could totally see both of them moving forward in this competition. Michelle started to lose her breath as Blake mentioned and he decided to go with country singer Holly.
Blake moves forward with Holly

AGREE! Team Usher: Jess Kellner vs. Taylor Beckham sang You Know I'm No Good by Amy Winehouse-- Jess is the stronger singer in my opinion. Taylor has a great quirkiness and character in her voice. If I had to move forward with someone, it would be Jess. I noticed Taylor did a lot of screaming in the song. Usher ended up picking Jess; I think it's because she listened to him in rehearsals more than Taylor did. He was pretty hard on both of them saying that neither one of them 100% lit it on fire. Blake stole Taylor saying, "I like Taylor".
Usher moves forward with Jess
Blake stole Taylor

AGREE but DISAGREE! Team Adam: Amber Carrington vs. Sasha Allen sang Try by Pink-- Oh no! I love both of them, I'm not sure who I would pick, but I believe both of them should move forward. Amber impressed me because I didn't expect her to keep up with Sasha but she did. Both ladies were stellar. Surprisingly, Adam decided to move forward with Amber. Not to worry Sasha, everyone turned around for you in the Blind Auditions, and Shakira and Usher opted to try and steal her. Sasha chose Team Shakira which not only surprised me but it shocked Usher as well. He said he was dumbfounded.
Adam moves forward with Amber
Shakira stole Sasha

DISAGREE! Team Blake: Christian Porter vs. The Swon Brothers sang I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty-- Christian has lots of conviction and confidence when he sings, so do The Swon Brothers. This is another tough choice because I like both acts. I actually think that they should form a trio. Ultimately, for me, Christian was stronger, but Blake actually chose The Swon Brothers. I was surprised about this, but more so, I was surprised that no one stole Christian. This was a big mistake!
Blake moves forward with The Swon Brothers

AGREE! Team Adam: Judith Hill vs. Karina Iglesias sang It's a Man's Man's Man's World by James Brown-- Karina is over singing a little bit. I loved Judith because her vocal nuances were so deliberate. She is so special because she feels every single note when she sings. I can see Karina moving on too only because she kept up with Judith, but I would be shocked if Adam didn't choose Judith. This battle received a standing ovation from all four judges. Adam said he believes it was the best battle in The Voice history. He had a hard time choosing but picked Judith. Shakira used her final steal for Karina who she regretted not turning around for in the Blind Auditions.
Adam moves forward with Judith
Shakira stole Karina


No comments: