Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Blind Auditions Continue on Season 10 of The Voice

Joe Vivona sang Dreaming with a Broken Heart by John Mayer-- All the guys turned. Pharrell liked his interesting tone. I found Joe's voice captivating, hen he started singing, everyone in the room was silent. He said he would pick his 95 year old grandfather's favorite so he picked Pharrell.
Joe chose Pharrell

Shalyah Fearing sang What is Love from Empire-- Christina was the only one who turned. I liked Shalyah, I do think she needs work though, being young she needs to gain better control of her voice, and I think Christina can help her with that. She may be a diamond in the rough.
Christina picked Shalyah

Adam Wakefield sang Tennessee Whiskey by George Jones-- Adam is one of my favorites because he is a southern rocker, and I love the tone and sound of his voice. Adam turned right away whereas Blake turned later. Adam said he didn't just hear country but he heard southern rock and blues. Blake said, you get my excited about country music. Adam pleaded with Adam to pick him because he wants his more than Blake.
Adam chose Blake

Caroline Burns sang So Far Away by Carole King-- Great song choice for Caroline, she needs to work on her breath control, but I like her, and I think she has as good a chance as anyone else at winning this. Adam turned first and talked about how much she improved. Blake turned at the last minute and tried to sway Caroline to pick him.
Caroline chose Adam

Natalie Clark sang All Right Now by -- I loved the rocker/ rasp in her voice. I thought it was great. I don't get why no one turned for her.

Emily Keener sang Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John-- 4 chair turn! That was gorgeous, I love what she did with the song, and her voice is so strong, and has so much control. I cannot believe she is only 16 years old. Blake said she is unbelievable. Adam said I zeroed in on what you were doing, and I loved it. Pharrell said it was breathtaking, you used all of your voice. Christina called her special and said her performance was beautifully controlled and honest. Blake spoke again and said he is a super fan and said that their partnership makes sense.
Emily chose Pharrell

Laith Al-Saadi sang The Letter by Joe Cocker-- Sweet, this guy opened for the King... B.B. King! I loved the experience and maturity in his voice and his performance quality. Adam and Blake turned at the same time. Blake said you're just such a great singer. Adam loved the control of his voice, and he loved how he shreds. Adam said you're a guitar player who sings, you should be on my team, we make the most sense.
Laith chose Adam

Angie Keilhauer sang I Hold On by Dierks Bentley-- All three guys turned. I actually really liked her performance, her tone is so round and full sounding. Pharrell said she had so much control. Adam said you kept getting better and better, it was a raw sound. Blake said you're undisciplined when you perform. Adam said he would fight for her, it's different than when I hear other country singers.
Angie chose Blake

Lightning Round--
Lacy Mandigo sang Son of a Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield, and she chose Christina
Jonathan Bach sang Born this Way by Lady Gaga, and he chose Pharrell
Katherine Ho sang Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift, and she chose Adam

Theron Early sang Amazed by Lonestar-- I loved his voice! Why didn't anyone turn?! I hope that he comes back, he was better than some of the people who are in the competition.

Kata Hay sang Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson-- I loved this performance! She was fierce. I am actually surprised that Blake did not turn, she is a bonafied country artist. Kata told Blake that she thought he would be the only one to turn. She called Christina her first girl crush. She jumped into Adam's arms.

Look out for Adam, Emily, and Kata

No comments: