Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The Voice Season 10: The Battles Come to a Close

Team Adam: Laith Al-Saadi versus Matt Tedder singing Honky Tonk Woman by The Rolling Stones-- I like both of these guys, wish both of them could move forward. I think Laith is the better voice but Matt is the better musician. Blake identified with Matt's voice, and said that Laith sang his face off. Christina said she would go with Laith. Adam said Matt is a tremendous guitar player, and Laith blows everyone away with his voice. He said I like the challenge of someone like Laith, but I love teaching someone like Matt.
Adam chose Laith

Team Pharrell: Caity Peters versus Joe Vivona singing Honesty by Billy Joel-- I didn't love this song choice for either one of them, it just didn't feel like they connected. However, I preferred Joe because of his tone and the growth he experienced in this round. Christina said Caity seemed less strained. Blake liked all the special things in Joe's voice.
Pharrell chose Caity

Lightning Rounds---

Team Blake: Gina Castanzo versus Peyton Parker singing Borderline by Madonna, Blake chose Peyton

Team Christina: Ayanna Jahnee versus Joe Maye singing I Knew You Were Waiting For Me by George Michael, Christina chose Joe

Team Adam: John Gilman versus Owen Danoff singing Runaway by Del Shannon, Adam chose Owen

Team Blake: Brittany Kennell versus Trey O'Dell singing The Chain by Fleetwood Mac-- I thought that they were pretty evenly matched but I would go with Brittany. Pharrell said that they both shine. Adam said that where Trey was tight in his vocal, Brittney was fluid, and he would go with her in this battle.
Blake chose Brittany, and Christina used the final steal on Troy

No comments: