Monday, February 29, 2016

The Voice Season 10: The Blind Auditions, Are You Ready?

Paxton Ingram sang Dancing on My Own by Robyn-- Blake turned first with Adam and Pharrell coming in at the end. Paxton said that Michael Jackson is his major influence. Blake said please pick me, I've never known greatness this early. Pharrell said I am at a loss for works. Adam said he was brilliant. I loved his voice, I think it was very soulful, and I liked how he slowed down the song.
Paxton chose Blake

Caity Peters sang Jealous by Labrinth-- four chair turn, Christina and Pharrell turned first and then Blake and Adam. I didn't love this song choice. All the coaches agreed that they love soulful music. Adam said she is on the cusp of greatness. Blake said you are great.
Caity chose Pharrell

Nick Hagelin sang Lost Stars by Adam Levine-- I loved that, and I do not understand why Adam turned. Adam said he was sitting there so flattered that someone was singing his song. Christina said I believed in your voice from go, it reminded me of early Michael. Blake said he heard Prince in his voice, and he said Pharrell will tell you that you have a great recording voice.
Nick chose Pharrell

Maddie Poppe sang Dog Days Are Over by Florence + The Machine-- No one turned, but Adam let her sit in his chair and Pharrell told her to try again next year.

Mary Sarah sang Where the Boys Are by Connie Francis-- 4 chair turn! This girl, on top of being stunning and a knock out, has an amazing voice. Adam said she had a consistent powerful upper register and it took him to a different time. Christina turned and said she'd be crazy not to turn and she'd love to be her coach. Blake said he has heard about her, and he is excited to have someone bring that era back to music. Pharrell urged Mary not to listen to anything Blake says. Blake said she has that vintage sounding voice and I have never heard anything like it.
Mary chose Blake

Mike Schiavo sang Body Talk by Tove Lo-- Adam turned real quick followed by Pharrell and then Blake. I loved the rasp in his voice and how he took this song and made the meaning, the lyrics, and the sound so different. Pharrell liked his crispy clear tone. Christina asked about his musical influences and he said Elvis and Maroon 5, and she said what's your fave Maroon 5 song, and he said I'd take it back to.... She Will Be Loved. And Christina said, Adam you should get up there and sing with him and seal the deal. Adam called him a natural. Blake said if you wanna grow by doing something different, you can pick me. Pharrell said don't allow yourself to be marooned.
Mike chose Adam

Queen Sassy sang Show Me Love-- I actually liked her, her blind audition was a little strong for The Voice, I hope she comes back.

Bryan Bautista sang The Hills by The Weeknd-- Bryan is back for a second chance after missing out in Season 9. Christina pressed first, and then Blake. Bryan told Pharrell and Adam that they fueled him to come back. Adam told Bryan that Christina is like the best singer of all time, and Bryan said they should sing Fire and Desire together.
Bryan chose Christina

Abby Celso sang Should've Been Us by Tori Kelly-- I wish she lifted the notes just a little more, they sit low and deep, but I was digging the runs. Adam said if I don't get you on my team, this is the song I will be singing for the rest of my life. I think there is better from you and we can win this if you're on my team. Blake pushed for Pharrell, and Pharrell said she has it. Pharrell said I want to be behind you so that if you fall, I can pick you up. Blake said to Adam I don't know what would have swayed her to pick Pharrell and Adam said, how about when you said, let me tell you why you should pick Pharrell.
Abby chose Pharrell

John Gilman sang Don't Be Cruel by Elvis Presley-- Wow, only Adam turned, so no contest here. Blake said I don't know why I didn't hit my button, I'm stupid sometimes.
Adam chose john

Alisan Porter sang Blue Bayou by Linda Ronstadt-- 4 chair turn! Her voice is magnetic, all four coaches are standing. Adam is right, this is a stunning performance. Blake said you're gonna have so much fun on this show, you're gonna have a blast. Pharrell asked how she got around to realizing that this was her first love, and she told them her story. Christina said I admire your story and I want to be a part of your history. Adam said, your performance was beautiful, flawless, and pitch perfect. You're gonna win the voice, and I want you to win it on my team.
Alisan chose Christina

Who to keep your eye on.....Alisan Porter, Mike Schiavo, Mary Sarah, and Nick Hagelin


No comments: