Thursday, February 25, 2016

American Idol Season 15: Kelly Clarkson Returns and The Top Ten Revealed!

Olivia Rox-- Idol Memory Katherine McPhee singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow Season 5
Olivia sang Unconditionally by Katy Perry-- Keith called her a real artist and said it was a great song choice. Jenn loved the arrangement and thought it suited her voice beautifully. Kelly said that it takes so much more air to be all soft at the beginning and she said it was so tasteful. Harry said you did everything you had to do nice job. I liked Olivia's performance, it was thoughtful and creative in terms of the arrangement. I would say the one thing that lacked for me was her connection to the song, the emotional part of it.

Gianna Isabella-- Idol Memory Scotty McCreery crush Season 10
Gianna sang Listen by Beyonce-- Jenn said it was a shaky performance. Kelly said it was pitchy and urged her to let go because sometimes when you think about trying to make everything perfect, you lose the emotion and you go pitchy cause you're thinking about it. Harry said it felt too rehearsed. Keith told her to continue growing.  The end went flat, and although there were parts that sounded good, it was off overall and not her best performance.

I love the advice Kelly is offering, and I like she is so comfortable and real.

Lee Jean-- Idol Memory Chris Medina singing Break Even Season 10
Lee sang Skinny Love by Bon Iver-- Kelly loves how talented and easy he is and she likes his niche. Harry said concentrate on pitch. Keith said you do a very good job of telling a story. Jenn said it's about achieving what Chris Medina made you feel. It's about your performance being more impactful every time. I agree Lee is a niche singer, and I also agree that he needs to focus on pitch. There is a lot of artistry there and now he needs to bring the other parts of his performance up as well.  

Avalon Young-- Idol Memory Justin Guarini singing Get Here Season 1
Avalon sang Stitches by Shawn Mendes-- Harry said Avalon has a cool vibe, but didn't think it was the best song for her. Keith said be comfortable from the beginning . Jenn urged her to choose songs she is comfortable with. Kelly said you make me love everything you sing, and I love you, I think you're so cool. Once again, totally agreeing with Kelly tonight.

Dalton Rapattoni-- Idol Memory Chris Daughtry not winning American Idol Season 5 and David Cook's approach to songs Season 7
Dalton sang Hey There Delilah by The Plain White T's-- Keith called the performance electric barnyard. Jenn said you're a rocker but so sweet. Kelly said you're so comfortable on stage, almost like it's home for you. You're just a completely different kind of  artist. Harry said you have completely flipped the concept of the song every time you sing and so far you are batting 1,000. I think Dalton is someone who is completely comfortable in his own skin and I love that. This is someone I see being around in this competition for a while.

Tristan McIntosh-- Idol Memory Jessica Sanchez singing I Will Always Love You Season 11
Tristan sang Nothing Like You by Dan + Shea-- Jenn said be who you are in the moment, and find the right songs. Kelly said I would love for you to sing Trisha Yearwood, sing a song that you have felt. Harry said choose songs that have more crossover appeal. I thought this was pitchy and I did not think that this was a good song choice for her. I think she is trying to be too mature.

MacKenzie Bourg-- Idol Memory William Hung singing She Bangs Season 3
MacKenzie sang I See Fire by Ed Sheeran-- Kelly said you already know where you want to go, you're already there. Harry asked him about the meaning of the song. Keith said you were so chill from the beginning and pulled us in. Jenn said he is compelling and she can't wait to hear more. I just love how MacKenzie has a real awareness as an artist, I also like how he is so in touch with his emotions in every performance. It's really beautiful to hear and watch.

LaPorsha Renae-- Idol Memory Kelly Clarkson winning Season 1
LaPorsha sang Diamonds by Rihanna-- Kelly said you're so blessed, every time you open your mouth to sang, you should say, you're welcome. Jenn said you have so much control. Keith said what you gave was pure humanity. She performs like she has been doing it her whole life. Her vocals were spot on and Kelly and Jenn were on their feet.

Sonika Vaid-- Idol Memory Kelly Clarkson singing I Surrender Season 1
Sonika sang Bring Me to Life by Evanesence-- Keith called it a killer song choice, and it played to your strengths. Jenn said if you wake up in this competition we will have a real competition here. Kelly said you're never pitchy and I liked that you followed LaPorsha. Harry said I love the way you sang the song, and you showed us a different kind of passion from you. I loved that, that is literally one of my favorite songs ever so for me, that was fierce.

Trent Harmon-- Idol Memory David Archuleta singing Imagine Season 7
Trent sang Like I Can by Sam Smith-- Jenn said you do such exciting things with your voice and you're an artist, I really love you. Kelly said it's impressive to have a voice that stands out, and she wants him to use his falsetto more. Harry thought the performance was tremendous. Keith said everyone has been rising to the occasion. I like Trent, I think the performance was a bit of a stretch, but I thought he did what he needed to do and he will be around for another week.

My predictions--- who is going home? Gianna and Tristan-- both performances were shaky at best

No comments: