Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Who Will Make the Final Ten? American Idol Season 15: The Final Season

Four automatically advancing to the top ten chosen by the judges-- Olivia Rox, Dalton Rapattoni, Trent Harmon, and Laporsha Renae

Manny Torres sang Master Blaster by Stevie Wonder-- Great performance quality, I love how Manny played to the crowd. I didn't think that this was the best choice of song for him.

Gianna Isabella sang I Put a Spell on You by Annie Lennox-- The potential that this young lady has is crazy. I think she is only going to get better. This performance showed her naivety as an artist, but her voice is so strong.

Thomas Stringfield sang Story of My Life by One Direction-- Not the best performance, he might have just given up his spot with that. However, I think Harry was way too harsh in his comments.

Tristan McIntosh sang What Hurts the Most by Rascal Flatts-- I absolutely loved her! Vocally, she was so strong. The song was perfect for her, and I felt like she was really connected to the song.

Avalon Young sang Yo Excuse Me Miss by Chris Brown-- I definitely would have been on my feet for that one. The vocal was smooth and confident. There is something really special about this girl.

Jenn Blosil sang True Colors by Cyndi Lauper-- Harry didn't like My Funny Valentine; I did. He liked this; I didn't. Jenn is strong enough to make it through to the top ten but how far she will get is another story.

Lee Jean sang Make it Rain by Ed Sheeran-- Poised and mature beyond his years, I loved Lee's performance. This is exactly the style of music he should be doing. Keith thought he was nervous tonight, but despite that he liked it.

Sonika Vaid sang I Surrender by Celine Dion-- This young lady is major competition for anyone in this competition. This top ten, I am just realizing will be extremely talented. Sonika's voice really soars, and she is another contestant who is mature beyond her years.

Jeneve Rose Mitchell sang Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash-- I maintain that Jeneve would be an interesting character to have on this season. She is talented. I don't know if she is ready for this, but she is unique.

MacKenzie Bourg sang Roses (original song)-- MacKenzie was a genius singing an original song, and an amazing original song at that. I love his voice, and I think he will go far in this competition.

Which 6 do I think are joining the top 10?

Gianna Isabella
Tristan McIntosh
Avalon Young
Lee Jean
Sonika Vaid
MacKenzie Bourg

No comments: