Monday, April 30, 2018

The Voice Season 14: The Top 11 Are Perfect! (well nearly)

\Team Blake: Pryor Baird sang Night Moves by Bob Seeger-- This was such an awesome song choice for Pryor. Such a soulful choice! I completely loved this performance! Kelly says you are so comfortable on stage and that's something that cannot be taught. Blake says Pryor has momentum building on the show right now.

Team Adam: Sharane Calister sang Hero by Mariah Carey-- Love Sharane's voice but this was a little flat for me, not much dynamics. There were some pitch issues toward the end of the performance. Alicia said you did this song beautifully and in your way. Adam said I was scared cause this is a big song.

Team Kelly: Kaleb Lee sang T-R-O-U-B-L-E by Travis Tritt-- I think Kaleb could be a country star but definitely needs to work on performance quality here, he's done it in the past. Blake loved what he did with the song. Kelly said Travis Tritt is one of her favorite make country singers and he nailed the song.

Team Alicia: Jackie Foster sang Love Reign O'er Me by The Who-- Jackie's range in this song was crazy. I have always been a big fan of hers. I feel like this performance was a little dark but she made it work. Adam said I'm glad you got that song, it was yours. Alicia said I loved the energy you created, that was sick.

Team Adam: Jackie Verna sang Strawberry Wine by Deana Carter-- I've been a big Jackie V. fan from the beginning because I just love the way she carries herself. I agree with Blake, interesting song choice, but she sounded great. Blake said he never would have thought of that song for her. Adam said she is one of the best singers on this show, and that she is so classy.

Team Blake: Kyla Jade sang Sweet Sweet Baby by Aretha Franklin-- So far, performance of the night for me. This was amazing! Hell-a-good! The coaches were standing. Alicia said Kyla I cannot take it, you're so phenomenal and inspiring. Kelly said you are a lucky man! Blake said you have gone from being afraid to stepping out of the background to being comfortable to standing in front of the stage to dominating the show this season.

Team Alicia: Christiana Danielle sang Umbrella by Rihanna-- I liked how Christiana took creative license. At points it seemed like too much and her voice seemed strained. Alicia called her lovable and unique.

Team Kelly: Brynn Cartelli sang You & I by Lady Gaga-- Gaga is no joke, especially in this song. Brynn, at 15, yes, I have to emphasize her age, was a pro up on that stage. She improvised and was so impactful with her vocal. Kelly said Brynn you're so captivating, confident, and comfortable. You are beautiful and so talented.

Team Adam: Rayshun LaMarr sang Try a Little Tenderness by Otis Redding-- Everyone is on their feet. That was so amazing and energetic. I feel Rayshun through the TV every time he is up on that stage. It's like I am standing there in person watching him. He transports me every time! Adam said last week, this dude was in the bottom 2, tonight he is number 1. Adam said all the coaches stood up before he stopped singing, you're unstoppable!

Team Alicia: Britton Buchanan sang Perfect by Ed Sheeran-- I thought this was one of his strongest performances to date. To me, this is the vibe and style of music he should be doing. The fans chose a good song for him. When you're up on the stage, you're the real deal, it's just you and that voice; congratulations you killed it.

Team Blake: Spensha Baker sang Better Man by Little Big Town-- Spensha is so different. Her originality is just so needed and wanted in country music. Kelly loved her warm, round, and soulful sound. Blake said something that broke my heart was when you said you had given up on music. Blake said you are so important to music and country music. You being here is proof that you are doing what you're supposed to do right now.

Bottom 2: Sharane and Christiana

No comments: