Monday, April 16, 2018

The Voice Season 14: 24 People Perform in 2 Hours..... Say What!?!?

Team Kelly:

Alexa Capelli sang It Hurt So Bad by Susan Tedeschi-- Tough song to sing and Alexa did well. Her higher register was on point. 

Caleb Lee sang You Don't Even Know Who I Am by Patty Loveless-- To me, Caleb is already a star. 

Tish Hayness Keys sang Nothing Left For You by Sam Smith-- Tish's voice was so soulful, this performance was no exception. 

Brynn Cartelli sang Unstoppable by Sia-- This definitely had some pitch issues, ouch. She's talented, but this wasn't her night. 

Dylan Hartigan sang Come Pick Me Up by Ryan Adams-- It was different, I liked his tone, the song was a little bit sleepy for me. 

D.R. King sang Home by Marc Broussard-- I like D.R. so much but this song may have not been the best choice for him. 

Team Kelly Prediction-- Alexa, Tish, and Caleb or D.R. move on. 

Dylan and Brynn are definitely out in my book

Team Adam:

Drew Cole sang Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson-- Did not like the song for him or the vocal, this was a miss for me. 

Mia Boostrom sang Baby I Love You by Aretha Franklin-- Coaches were standing for that one, her vocal was good but I didn't love the song. 

Jackie Verna sang Tim McGraw by Taylor Swift-- I liked this performance by Jackie, not the most exciting song, but what I did like is how she made it her own and proved what she would be like as a country artist. 

Rayshun LaMarr sang Overjoyed by Stevie Wonder-- Wow, I loved this, Rayshun is so joyous when he sings. This was great. 

Sharane Calister sang Never Enough by Loren Allred-- I liked this performance, I remember liking past performances more, but she might squeeze through. 

Reid Umstattd sang I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2-- I thought this was a great performance, strong song choice and strong vocal by Reid. 

Team Adam Prediction-- Jackie, Rayshun, and Sharane are moving forward

Drew, Mia, and Reid will go home

Team Blake: 

Austin Giorgio sang Ain't That a Kick in the Head-- That was just so effortless, LOVED it. 

Pryor Baird sang I Was Wrong by Chris Stapleton-- Pryor just sounds so different than anyone else, that's what makes him stand out, this was a great vocal. 

Kyla Jade sang How Great Thou Art-- That started out really amazing and it went down a bit, but she may still move on. 

Gary Edwards sang Finesse by Bruno Mars-- I wasn't a huge fan of the arrangement on this, but I like Gary. 

Spensha Baker sang I Still Believe in You by Vince Gill-- Moments of brilliance but pitch issues at point. 

WILKES sang Brother by NEEDTOBREATHE-- An indie artist at heart. Love what he stands for but will it take him through.

Team Blake Prediction: Austin, Pryor, and Spensha or Kyla are moving forward....

Gary, and Wilkes are going home

Team Alicia:

Johnny Bliss sang America America by Luis Miguel-- This was a little out there for me, but I like him in this competition. 

Kelsea Johnson sang You Know I'm No Good by Amy Winehouse-- I loved Kelsea, I think she is going to be a force in this competition. 

Terrence Cunningham sang How Come U Don't Call Me by Prince-- One of my absolute faves in this whole thing. Amazing song choice and unreal vocal, "Prince-like". 

Jackie Foster sang Never Tear Us Apart by INXS-- What a performance!!! That may have been THE performance of the night. Her vocals were smoking. 

Christiana Danielle sang Hey Ya by Outkast-- That was crazy creative. I loved that too! I think Alicia has the best overall team. 

Britton Buchanan sang Some Kind of Wonderful by Grand Funk Railroad-- At first, I wasn't crazy about this, but the more he got into the performance, the more I could see him emotionally buying in. I loved this too. 

Team Alicia Prediction: Jackie, Terrence, and Christiana or Britton are moving forward

Sadly Johnny and Kelsea are going home

 .........................

Brynn, Sharane, Kyla and Britton advanced to the Top 12

No comments: