Tuesday, April 17, 2018

The Voice Season 14: Team Blake and Team Alicia Perform

Team Blake

Spensha Baker sang Smoke Break by Carrie Underwood-- I think Spensha is so unique, and her voice is magic. She has such a sweet and stable tone to her voice, I wanted to hear more. Kelly said she will be a force in country music. Blake says she is one of his favorites.

WILKES sang Don't Speak by Doubt-- I love this song but I did not like the arrangement. His vocals were strong though. The coaches loved it. Blake said he loved his song choice. Adam said Blake would have broke his back if he did a mic drop that way WILKES did. Adam said that was the illist improvisation he has ever seen. Alicia called him special. 

Pryor Baird sang 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton-- I loved Pryor's rendition of this, he is someone who I am always interested in whatever he is going to sing. I find myself curious on what his version will be. Adam said Pryor you're amazing, you need to be on this show, there are all these songs I need to hear you sing. Blake said you do deserve to be on this show. I don't know where you get this range from.

Austin Giorgio sang Love Yourself by Justin Bieber-- How cool that he is singing this. Alicia said you have such a light inside you. She likes that he has his own style. Blake said you've earned your place moving forward because there's no one else like you on this show.

Gary Edwards sang America the Beautiful-- Interesting choice but he sang that beautifully. Kelly said I like how you did this tonight and Bruno Mars last night, it shows true artistry. Blake said you kicked the door in and said I want to win this thing.

Team Alicia:

Terrence Cunningham sang Ain't Nobody by Chaka Kahn-- It started out a little bit slow for me, but he stepped it right up. This performance was so smart, and Adam is right, what he does is so difficult. Adam said what you do is so complicated and sophisticated, and I don't know if people understand that. Alicia said you're so special, you arrange all your own music.

Christiana Danielle sang Take Me to Church by Hosier-- I don't love this song, but I do love Christiana. Kelly said you may be the greatest person on this show. She said I am in love with you, the alto in you is just sexy. Alicia said you were amazing.

Jackie Foster sang Alone by Heart-- Jackie is personally one of my favorite people on the show. Her vocals are just crazy! She honestly gave the performance of the night last night. Alicia said you have a clear sense of who you are. She said you effortlessly go to these places, and I am just like where did she go? How did she get there? That was flawless.

Kelsea Johnson sang Need You Bad-- I didn't love that actually..... Alicia compares her to Lauryn Hill. I suppose I could see it, but Lauryn was more raw and a little more credible.

Johnny Bliss sang One and Only by Adele-- I actually loved that performance. His interpretation of the song was so special and unique. Alicia says Johnny has a beautiful energy, he's one of a kind, and has a powerful voice.

My predictions--

Team Blake picks: Pryor and WILKES or Spensha

Team Alicia picks: Terrence and Jackie

No comments: