Monday, April 2, 2018

The Voice Season 14: The Knockouts Bring Me to Life

Not only do the coaches have steals this year but they also have a save where they can save one of their own team members.

Team Blake: Kyla Jade sang You Don't Know Me by Leslie Gore vs. Jaclyn Lovey sang Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae-- Blake's adviser was his winning team member from last season Chloe Kohanski who I absolutely loved. Overall, Kyla was the winner. I did feel, however, that the performance got away from her at the end, it was a little bit out of control on the vocal. Jaclyn lacks experience but has such a sweet vocal quality, she has natural talent. Alicia said she is so proud of how free Jaclyn is on stage, and she said Kyla, we just died with that.
Blake chose Kyla

Team Kelly: Justin Kilgore sang Shameless by Garth Brooks vs. Kaleb Lee sang Free by Zac Brown Band-- Kelly's adviser is Cassadee Pope who won Season 3 with Blake. Kaleb is my choice here, like Adam said he is pure country and the real deal. Adam also nailed the issue with Justin, he was super passionate but his vocals were not on point tonight. I think he struggled with who he is as an artist. He took it in stride. Blake regrets letting go of Kaleb, he should be! Kaleb is a contender. 
Kelly chose Kaleb

Team Adam: Jackie Foster sang Bring Me to Life by Evanesence vs. Mia Boostrom sang Wade in the Water -- Adam's adviser is Jordan Smith who won Season 9! Jackie is singing one of my favorite songs and Amy Lee is one of my favorite female voices, so I totally loved this. I believe her as an alternative singer. Her vocal, especially at the end, was so strong! Mia was also strong, she took an old school gospel song and really jazzed it up. Blake said, you're two very different artists at the top of your game, Jackie, you're as good as it gets, and Mia, you're the surprise here. Kelly said you couldn't go wrong with either. Alicia said Jackie got stronger and stronger, and Mia it was amazing to hear such a warm voice. Both are awesome, I loved both and agree, he can't go wrong with either.
Adam chose Mia,
and Kelly is trying to steal Jackie back and Adam wants to save her!
Blake then jumped in to steal her as well. Adam said you told me backstage that you want to do rock and roll music and I feel I am the best to help you with that. Blake said I have never kicked you out of the house. Alicia also wants it! Alicia said I turned for you in the blinds and the battles.
Jackie chose Alicia! Wow!

Team Blake: Austin Giorgio sang Almost Like Being in Love by Frank Sinatra vs. Spensha Baker sang Broken Halos by Chris Stapleton-- These two are very different, it's kind of like matching apples and oranges against each other. Austin has so much personality and such a great voice, he sold this performance like no one's business. Spensha has a soulful vibe, she is so talented and I think has a place in country music. Alicia liked how Austin talked to the audience and liked how emotional Spensha got with the performance. Adam sees so much that is undiscovered in both of them. Blake said Austin you have a passion for entertaining and Spensha you have talent for connecting with a song.
Blake chose Spensha and saved Austin, Austin said, you really are what people say you are even behind closed doors.

Team Alicia: Johnny Bliss sang Alive by Sia vs. Miya sang Castle on the Hill by Ed Sheeran-- Alicia's adviser is Chris Blue who won with Team Alicia! I like Miya but she struggled with this song choice. Johnny was striving with this performance becacuse he made it his own. Sia songs are tough to sing and this was perfect. Blake said Miya didn't quite live up to her potential so he'd give it to Johnny. Alicia said Miya, your runs are beautiful, and Johnny you poured everything you had into this, it was pure emotion.
Alicia chose Johnny

Team Adam: Drew Cole Slow Hands by Niall Horan sang vs. Jackie Verna sang American Honey by Lady Antebellum-- What an awesome song choice for Drew, I love this. He executed this perfectly, he dirtied it up a little more than Niall which is perfect since he is a rocker. Jackie was awesome, I loved her song choice. Her power grew as the performance went on. Blake said Drew is more like Adam so he thinks Adam would lean more towards him but then again has a fetish for winning with a country artist and Jackie is a pure country artist. Adam said both were special and he didn't want to lose either one.
Adam chose Jackie, Adam c'mon steal Drew! And yes, Adam saves Drew and Blake is trying to steal him. Adam said don't be seduced by this maniac over here, you're one of my favorites on my team. Drew said, I am a loyal man, I have to pick Adam again.

Sorry all, I wanted to post videos with this, maybe I will add them tomorrow.

My picks tonight.... Kaleb Lee, Jackie Foster, Austin Giorgio, Spensha Baker, Drew Cole, and Jackie Verna! Strong performances tonight!

No comments: