Sunday, April 29, 2018

American Idol: It's Disney Night for the Top 10!

Maddie Poppe sang The Bare Necessities from The Jungle Book-- Lionel said I hope you're having a lot of fun. Katy, dressed as Snow White, said I am so proud of you, I loved how you took on all those new notes. Luke said your voice feels timeless to me. I think I most align with Luke. I didn't love the song unfortunately but I do think Maddie's voice is timeless.

Jurnee sang How Far I'll Go from Moana-- I love how Jurnee connected with that song. It came from such an honest place. Katy said she seemed connected and strong. Luke said keep believing and dreaming, stay uplifted and positive. Lionel said you were singing from your heart and not your head.

Cade Foehner sang Kiss the Girl from The Little Mermaid-- I totally loved that! This is a completely different side of Cade. I am so used to hearing him sing big rock songs and this was so controlled. I loved this version of the song. Luke said with everything you're giving, you can bring the rock and roll genre back. Lionel said you have instant identity in spades. I love what you're doing. Katy said I feel like the only person in the room, and whoever she is, she's the luckiest. I didn't even know you had that in you.

Ada Vox sang Circle of Life from The Lion King-- Powerful song and I enjoyed seeing and hearing Ada's spin on the song. It was classy and strong. Lionel said it is so special to have you on this show. Katy said you embodied Ada Vox tonight.

Michelle Sussett sang Remember Me from Coco-- For me, that was her best vocal in this competition thus far. I think Idina's advice really helped her. I loved that she used her heritage and incorporated that into the song.  Katy said the sound was a priority for you tonight. You are a star, and no matter what happens, I am not going to forget you. Luke said you nailed it, you have shown us you are a singer. Lionel said your true identity just came through, I love that you owned who you are.

Gabby Barrett sang Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas-- Lionel said she has star quality! Simple as that, no need to mention anything more. I thought her performance was gentle but strong, heartfelt and technically flawless. This was so beautiful, she deserves to move forward in this competition.

Michael J. Woodard sang Beauty and the Beast from Beauty and the Beast-- So stunning, he had me in tears. This was truly so uplifting and heartfelt to watch. Oh my gosh, my heart feels so full. Lionel said I love you so much. Katy said my angel, you make my heart smile. You fit between a Michael Jackson and Frank Ocean. Luke said you've been magical, just be you buddy.

Caleb Lee Hutchinson sang You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story-- This was the perfect song choice for him, exactly what I envisioned when I heard Disney night. I feel like I can definitely see him having a career in country music. Katy said it was the perfect choice for you, and friendly. Luke echoed Katy's sentiment. Lionel said that voice is so identifiable.

Catie Turner sang Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty-- I feel like Disney night and what it was all about fit Catie perfectly. Lionel said you are clear that dreams do come true. Katy said the growth and evolution has been magical. Luke said they stole my words.

Dennis Lorenzo sang Can You Feel the Love Tonight from The Lion King-- I wasn't sure about him doing this song, but this was so good. The vocal was on point. He was connected to song, the message; he drew from his own life experiences. Luke said you knocked it out of the park, you always do. Did Katy comment on his performance?

I have no idea who is going home or who should? This is crazy!


No comments: