Monday, April 23, 2018

The Voice Season 14: The Top 12, One Night Only!

Team Adam: Rayshun Lamarr sang When Love Takes Over by David Guetta-- I love Rayhsun's energy! This was such a joyful performance, I want to hear him more, great song for him. Alicia said your passion takes over you and your talent is not to be denied. Adam said Rayshun amps it up more every week. You are the best performer in this group.

Team Kelly: Kaleb Lee sang Amazed by Lonestar-- I do enjoy Kaleb's voice but I thought this was a little bit redundant for me, it's almost like I wanted him to sing something else. I agree with Kelly, he has great tone and texture in his voice. Blake thought it was an amazing performance. Kelly said I have been such a fan of Kaleb since the blinds. I love that you picked this song, people relate to you, you're real.

Team Alicia: Jackie Foster sang Toxic by Britney Spears-- This was not my favorite Jackie Foster performance but what I loved about it is that Jackie stayed 100% true to herself as an artist. I liked the darkness of the arrangement and the way she styled it, I think sometimes though, it leaned too far from the original for me. Kelly said I love you and dream of these moments, sexy and cool. Alicia said I've been so excited about this because this is who you are and what you do.

Team Blake: Spensha Baker sang Down on My Knees by Trisha Yearwood-- That was just so soulful! I loved that, she's kind of like a country Whitney Houston. Adam said she sings with intention and soulfulness; you just have it all. Blake said I swear you're one of the best I have ever worked with. He said you're doing exactly what you're meant to do singing country music, I'm so proud to be associated with you sis.

Team Alicia: Christiana Danielle sang Say Something by A Great Big World-- Her vocals were pretty on point, there were some slip ups but in general a good performance. Again, I am always skeptical when a song deviates too much from the melody. Kelly said the low tones in your voice are magical. Alicia said I am so excited for America to get to continue to vote for you.

Team Kelly: D.R. King sang White Flag by Dido-- I initially thought it was an odd choice, but as he started singing I understood. I stuck with him. I just think he's so different. Blake said there are so many different sounds to your voice, you have such range, and so many layers. You always display all of those every time you're on the stage. Kelly said you're such an amazing vocalist, I need to hear the record you're going to make.

Team Adam: Sharane Calister sang In My Blood by Shawn Mendes-- One of the best performances of the night. This was the perfect song for her and it just came from such an honest place. Alicia said Sharane, there is something so powerful about you, there's a sadness but also a resilience. You're incredible. Adam said you have the ability to make people believe that you're telling the truth, you get us to come with you on the journey that you're on.

Team Blake: Pryor Baird sang Pickin' Wildflowers by Keith Anderson-- Pryor is always so boss on the stage. He brings it every single time, and he is so original and distinct. When I hear him, I'm like I know it's Pryor. Kelly said I feel like every time you sing you have such a great time. Blake said Pryor is to a song like a bulldozer is to trees. He said it's magic every time you're on the stage.

Team Kelly: Brynn Cartelli sang Up to the Mountain by Patti Griffin-- I did not love the way she ended the performance but she did prove to me that she deserves to be here. She really stepped it up this week with her vocals. Alicia said you're not quitting your daydream, it's such a mystery how it all comes together. Kelly said you have such crazy eclectic taste in music and you sing all of it so well, it's so crazy.

Team Adam: Jackie Verna sang I'm With You By Avril Lavigne-- Adam, nice call saving Jackie! She stepped up the game tonight! I loved this, what an amazing song choice and such a strong performance and crazy vocal range. Blake said you come with that country angle with that song. You're a great singer sis. Adam said in a weird way, I had to make this crazy decision and I chose you because of the explosiveness in your growth. That is such a hard song to do live, and you rose to it.

Team Alicia: Britton Buchanan sang Small Town by John Mellencamp-- Britton is another person I initially wasn't crazy about. Once again, major step up, great song choice. Kelly said you're like the coolest person ever, you're so old school. You were born to be on stage. Alicia said you don't need this stage, you don't need anybody, your destiny is to be here.

Team Blake: Kyla Jade sang One Night Only by Jennifer Hudson-- Kyla's performance was worldly and magical. Blake said J Hud was texting me a few minutes ago about how excited she was to be watching this. This is your moment and your time.

Christiana, Kaleb, and Britton might be in some trouble tomorrow. Who do you think is moving forward and who is going home?

No comments: