Sunday, May 6, 2018

American Idol: The Top 7 Perform Songs from the Prince Songbook

Journee sang Kiss by Prince-- Good parts, but not her best.

Gabby Barrett sang I Hope You Dance by LeAnn Womack-- She sounded like a true country star.

Michael J Woodard sang I Would Die for You by Prince-- My fave Prince song, I loved this.

Cade Foehner sang Who Will Save Your Soul by Jewel-- Did not like this interpretation, too dark, but like him.

Catie Turner sang Oops I Did it Again by Britney Spears-- Did not like this interpretation.

Caleb Lee Hutchinson sang Amazed by Lonestar-- This felt ordinary and predictable.

Maddie Poppe sang Nothing Compares to U by Prince-- Crazy good, I loved this.

Michael J Woodard sang My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion-- Absolutely stunning vocal, goosebumps! 

Cade Foehner sang Jungle Love by The Time-- This was a cool interpretation, strong vocals.

Gabby Barrett sang How Come You Don't Call Me by Prince-- Surprisingly soulful, loved this!

Jurnee sang Back at One by Brian McKnight-- I felt the song was personal to her.

Catie Turner sang Manic Monday by Prince-- Tiny bit awkward but she got through it. 

Maddie Poppe sang If It Makes You Happy by Sheryl Crowe-- Her vocal had such power behind it.

Caleb Lee Hutchinson sang When Doves Cry by Prince-- NOTHING ordinary about this performance! Way to turn it around!

My 5 (Prediction)--

Michael
Gabby 
Cade
Caleb
Maddie

No comments: