Monday, May 7, 2018

The Voice Season 14: The is The Top 10

Team Blake: Kyla Jade sang This is Me from The Greatest Showman-- I could tell that Kyla's performance was so personal to her. The song choice was spectacular. Alicia said you are a goddess who shows everyone what's possible. Blake said I love you, and we not only heard your message, we felt it.

Team Kelly: Kaleb Lee sang Boondocks by Little Big Town-- I think that was his most passionate performance to date. It was authentic, he was feeling it, and so was I. Adam said that was phenomenal, the growth from the beginning to now is incredible. You've really come into your own. Kelly said he is such a good dude, and a solid singer and we're finally getting to see that.

Team Adam: Jackie Verna sang Love Triangle by RaeLynn-- Everyone is stepping it up tonight. This was her best performance to date! I feel like all these songs are so personal to the contestants. Blake said the message of that song and your delivery of it was incredible. That song hits home for me and so did your performance. Adam said you know that I love, sometimes a subtle, refined vocal can get lost, and I hope it doesn't get lost, and it gets rewarded.

Team Adam: Rayshun LaMarr sang Grant Green by Mr. Jukes-- It didn't seem possible for him to give a more energetic performance but he did so tonight. I loved the song choice for him, and Kelly and Adam's comments were right on. Kelly said I have never had so much fun watching anyone. You are such a special spirit, you're pure joy. Adam said you separated yourself from the pack in such a profound way.

Team Blake: Spensha Baker sang Red by Taylor Swift-- O-M-G! I love this, Spensha is a complete star, this was a perfect and amazing choice. Why is she not already a star?! Adam said it's amazing, some people can sing all the notes possible but they don't connect. What you do is exactly what you should be doing, your instincts are amazing, I am a huge fan of yours. Blake said I was thinking that was your best performance so far. You're going to make country music history, you're going to be a star, and I cannot believe I could to be a little bitty part of that.

Team Alicia: Jackie Foster sang Gravity by Sara Bareilles-- Stunning performance by Jackie! Alicia said I thought it was a perfect moment and I know it was hard to hold it together for you. You showed us that you're strong, and I was totally riveted and taken into your world.

Team Alicia: Britton Buchanan sang What's Love Got To Do With It by Tina Turner-- Oh wow! Britton just stepped up his game times ten. I am loving him tonight. He completely transformed the song, amazing! Who will go home tonight because no one deserves to! Adam said Britton my heart has been broken for so long cause you're not on my team. It would be petty of me not to vote for you cause you're not on my team. Alicia said two years from now, you're going to be mind blowing. You smashed that!

Team Alicia: Christiana Danielle sang Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers-- I love how she put her own spin on this song. It got a little out of control but overall I liked this. Kelly said your body is like a living and breathing orchestra. Alicia said you're such a unique and special being. Your instincts are spectacular, you own it.

Team Blake: Pryor Baird sang My Town by Montgomery Gentry-- Pryor continues to have such a distinct voice. Adam said I am super into your voice. Blake said I want to see you go beyond number three on iTunes this week. Blake thinks he could win.

Team Kelly: Brynn Cartelli sang Fix You by Coldplay-- Brynn continues to be poised beyond her years. Her performance was actually not her best to date, but I could tell the performance was ethereal for her. Kelly said it's amazing to hear someone as young as you sing and give us that message. You were born to sing.

I thought everyone stepped up their game tonight but look for Jackie V, Rayshun, Pryor, and Christiana to be in some trouble.

No comments: