Sunday, May 13, 2018

American Idol: Who Will Be in the Finals?

Carrie Underwood Songbook:

Michael J Woodard sang Flat on the Floor by Carrie Underwood-- He was direct in his delivery, I wanted a little more attitude but in general I loved it.

Gabby Barrett sang Last Night by Carrie Underwood-- I loved Gabby singing this, she kept doing something where she was cutting off the ends of phrases. I wanted her to extend that. 

Cade Foehner sang Undo It by Carrie Underwood-- I understand why he chose that but I didn't think it was the best performance. I didn't feel he connected with the song at all.

Caleb Lee Hutchinson sang So Small by Carrie Underwood-- I did like this song for him, and he did seem connected to it. My only argument here was that his voice was very nasal.

Maddie Poppe sang I Told You So by Carrie Underwood-- I liked her rendition of this, very similar to Carrie's, clearly her voice is so unique. She continues to be the most consistent contestant

Mother's Day Tributes:

Gabby sang I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston-- Wow! Gabby did that song so well, she made it her own. I was shocked at how amazing she sounded.

Cade sang Simple Man by Lynard Skynard-- Now that was a song that he was connected to. That was real and raw and just perfect.

Michael sang Still I Rise by Yolanda Adams-- Such a moving performance, that was so powerful. His voice, I don't even know how to describe it. Lionel said you are anointed.

Caleb sang Stars in Alabama by Jamey Johnson-- The judges all commented on the uniqueness of his voice. So true, and this song was exactly the type of record he should be recording.

Maddie sang God Only Knows by The Beach Boys-- What a cool song choice! I love this, she made it so special.

Wow! Tough.... I think my top three is Michael, Gabby, and Cade

Well, I was 1 for 3! I have to say I am disappointed because Michael to me was the strongest performer in this competition. He was also the most consistent, never gave one bad or weak performance.

Cade.... with him, there hasn't been an authentic rocker that good on Idol since forever.


No comments: