Monday, May 14, 2018

The Voice Season 14: The Top 8-- Here They Go Again!

Team Kelly: Brynn Cartelli sang What the World Needs Now by Jackie DeShannon-- I still think Brynn is so talented and such a front-runner but I found some weakness in the vocals somehow. Blake said she has mastered the art of performance.

Kaleb and Pryor sang Hillbilly Bone and Hillbilly Deluxe--

Team Alicia: Jackie Foster sang Here I Go Again by Whitesnake-- That is one of my favorite rock songs and I loved Jackie taking that on! Her vocals are awesome; I want to see her make a rock record. Adam liked how tonight she had fun on stage. Jackie said she took his advice because he told her that. Alicia said that performance validated her sense for freedom and abandonment.

Spensha and Kyla sang Rise Up and What's Going On--

Team Adam: Rayshun LaMarr sang Imagine by John Lennon-- Rayshun gave an original performance of Imagine, I loved that although this song is so iconic he made it his own, but honored the melody and legacy of the song. Kelly said you make everyone escape from what they are thinking about when you sing. Adam said you're the last man standing on my team. That was a truly inspired version of that song and I believe John Lennon would be so proud of that performance.

Team Blake: Spensha Baker sang My Church by Maren Morris-- My Church is one of my fave country songs that has come out in recent memory. I always love hearing different interpretations of the song. Spensha made it her own but stayed true to the roots of the song and I think that's the key to success on any singing show like this. Blake said everything she's been holding back this season, the dam just broke on that performance. He said he will be shocked if she is not in the finale.

Team Blake: Kyla Jade sang Let it Be by The Beatles-- Kyla's vocal was so poignant. That song is always touching, but Kyla was so invested and I felt every word. Alicia said Kyla had an iconic superstar performance. Blake said I have never been more honored to be associated with a person and a vocalist in 14 seasons like yourself. You may have just won The Voice with that performance.

Britton and Brynn sang 4-5 Seconds and You Can't Always Get What You Want--

Team Kelly: Kaleb Lee sang It Is Well With My Soul-- Kaleb's performance was pure. It was an emotion filled vocal. Kelly said Kaleb killed it and has dying to sing this song since the beginning of his journey on The Voice.

Jackie and Rayshun sang Believer and Radioactive--

Team Blake: Pryor Baird sang Change the World by Eric Clapton-- The thing I like about Pryor is that no one else sounds like him. He's so unique! Kelly said your ache is so rad, you believe in what you're singing about. Blake said America is in love with you because you're an amazing singer and you're really like the guy next door.

Team Alicia: Britton Buchanan sang The Rising by Bruce Springsteen-- I can tell Britton truly loved singing this song. This was another inspired performance! BIG! He made a huge leap when it mattered, but will it be enough? Alicia said I continuously feel blessed to be working with you. This was a piece out of what you wanted to say to the world. That was so far beyond your years.

My Top 4: Jackie, Spensha, Kyla, and Britton or Pryor

No comments: