Monday, April 27, 2015

Season 8: The Voice The Top 8 Take the Stage

Team Blake: Hannah Kirby sang We Don't Need Another Hero by Tina Turner-- Cee Lo joined them for coaching. This was quite honestly her best vocal since she started the show. I am not the biggest Hannah fan, but she killed it tonight, well deserved standing ovation. I loved the kids choir running out at the end. Christina said it had Cee Lo's stamp all over it. Pharrell said she is living the dream. Adam said you're always amazing. Blake said she sang the song perfectly. 

Team Adam: Joshua Davis sang Fields of Gold by Sting-- Usher joined them for coaching. I liked this performance in general, but I felt like I wanted more, it was like he never hit an apex with that song. Blake said that is the type of performance where he shines. Adam said I love the fact that you went out there and did something very different, and you did it with class and elegance. 

Team Christina: Kimberly Nichole sang Creep by Radiohead-- Gwen joined them for coaching. I didn't love her interpretation of this song. To me, this song is about someone reflecting on their loneliness and the fact that they are different. Adam said there's never been a version like this, but I unlike Adam, I don't think it worked. 

Team Blake: Meghan Linsey sang Something by George Harrison-- Cee Lo joined them for coaching. I loved that performance by Meghan, she is the front runner for me.  Adam said he loves that the song was not Blake's choice; Meghan you're badass awesome. Blake said every week that goes by, you get better, and you have more confidence. I fully expect to see you in the finale, I totally agree with Blake. 

Team Christina: India Carney sang Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland-- Gwen joined them for coaching. I thought India's performance was so dreamlike and beautiful. She literally just floated through the song. Blake said that was more than beautiful and had magic in it. Christina said that India embraced the song and that she was taken on a journey with her. It was gorgeous. 

Team Pharrell: Sawyer Fredericks sang Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd-- Gwen joined them for coaching. Sawyer has such a mature voice, and he makes vocal choices that someone his age shouldn't even think to do, but he does it. . Adam said you have the ability to transform any song into something powerful, I think you're amazing. Pharrell said if you love folk music, vote and support him. 

Team Blake: Corey Kent White sang When I See You Smile by Bad English-- Cee Lo joined them for coaching. Corey's performance was so genuine and heartfelt, I loved that he worked to the end of the song to that big note. Adam said interesting song choice for you, but I loved it, the performance was awesome. Blake said you had a breakout moment, that was your best performance to date. 

Team Pharrell: Koryn Hawthorne sang Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys-- Gwen joined them for coaching. I feel like Koryn is the biggest surprise on this show, she has developed into a great performer. Adam said you have grown more than anyone else on this show, you've made the biggest leap. Christina said you have thrived under pressure. Pharrell said you're an inspirational singer. 


No comments: