Monday, April 13, 2015

The Voice Season 8: The Top 12 Perform

Team Blake: Hannah Kirby sang Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks-- I like Hannah's personality, but I feel like something she has to work on is not performing at the same volume throughout the song because this performance lacked dynamics. I feel like the judges seem to always say the same things about her all the time. Blake said her vocals blow him away.

Team Adam: Brian Johnson sang If I Ever Lose My Faith in You by Sting-- I liked this song for Brian, and it was a sound vocal. The only thing I would say is that it got a little boring towards the end. Christina said she feels like Brian improves every week (just a note, I don't see Hannah's growth every week). Adam said Brian did a great job despite this being a technically difficult song to sing.

Team Christina: India Carney sang Take Me to Church by Hosier-- Pharrell said it seems like India has been doing this for years. Adam said you have fans and that's something that becomes really important at this stage of the competition. Christina said India had a presence and conviction that she's never seen before. I wasn't blown away by the song choice, but I thought it was the strongest vocal of the night.

Team Pharrell: Mia Z. sang Miss You by The Rolling Stones-- Mia is one of the strongest performers on this show, and her vocal range is incredible. I continue to be impressed with the fact that she is so young, yet so mature. Adam said you big a great job on selling that song. Blake said I love what you do with a melody. Pharrell said I am so happy for you, and I can't wait to do more with you.

Team Adam: Deanna Johnson sang Oceans by Hillsong United-- Christina said it sounded really beautiful. Pharrell said that Deanna has such a great tone and he can't believe she even gets nervous. Adam said he couldn't hear her cause of the music, but when he did he was so happy for her. I love Deanna and I think she is someone who could have a huge career after The Voice. I could definitely see her being on the country music charts.

Team Pharrell: Sawyer Fredericks sang Imagine by John Lennon-- Blake said you make everything you do seem right, you're a champ. Christina said you don't try, you project, and it just works. Pharrell said he is so proud of Sawyer, and he handled himself well. I love that song so much, and I like Sawyer a lot, but for some reason, I am not as sold on him as some of the judges are.

Team Christina: Rob Taylor sang I Put a Spell on You by Ella Fitzgerald-- That was the performance of the night. There was so much passion in that, he put his Rob signature on it, and Reba was right about him making it his own. Pharrell said it was a masterful performance. Christina said that's why I came back to The Voice, you slayed it.

Team Blake: Corey Kent White sang Why by Jason Aldean-- Christina said another strong performance, you have the girl vote. Adam said you're on the precipice of something that's truly impactful. Blake said you didn't sing perfectly but you delivered the song perfectly. You're a threat to win this show, you're a great artist. Adam said what I saw thinking but didn't know how to verbalize, it's like he's within reach of being amazing but he's not quite there yet. Corey has so much heart and that is clear with each and every performance.

Team Pharrell: Koryn Hawthorne sang Stronger by Kelly Clarkson-- Love Koryn, love her spirit, don't like her voice. There is this weird rasp in her voice that I can't get over. Christina said Koryn came to the stage as Tina Turner this week. Blake said welcome to the top ten. Pharrell said that he is in awe of her poise.

Team Adam: Joshua Davis sang America by Simon and Garfunkel-- Blake said you embrace every song on that stage like you wrote it yourself. Christina said you stepped outside your comfort zone not having your guitar, it kind of brought me back to the movie Almost Famous. Pharrell said it was your best performance yet, it was magical tonight. Adam told Josh it was perfect. I agree with everyone's comments. Once again, I feel like this is one of the strongest performances of the night. I agree with every comment, Josh has such sincerity, and every time he sings, it bleeds authenticity. I love that about him, Welcome to the top ten from me Josh!

Team Blake: Meghan Linsey sang Girl Crush by Little Big Town-- Loved her, Blake was on his feet. Amazing vocal, she made me feel every single note. I loved her. Pharrell said you're right where you needed to be, you did it. Adam said I've loved you forever, you're amazing, you've always been amazing. It makes me sad cause I'm not part of it, I hate you Blake, I love you Meghan. Blake said you always hope for that breakout moment, I think you just had a breakout moment, incredible sis, awesome.

Team Christina: Kimberly Nichole sang House of the Rising Sun by Creedance Clearwater Revival-- Kimberly's performance was so bad ass. She took us to church, she took us to Woodstock, amazing. Pharrell said I am still standing on my feet. There are no words to tell you what you've just done. Adam said WHAT?!?! That's all. Blake said we have to talk about Christina possibly winning her first season of The Voice. Christina said I have never heard that interpretation of that song ever.

Bottom 3: My Predictions
Hannah Kirby
Koryn Hawthorne
Sawyer Fredericks



No comments: