Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Voice Season Six: The Last of the First Round of Battles (Make Sense?)

Team Adam: Cary Laine vs. Sam Behymer sang Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran-- I wasn't crazy about this battle. I didn't care much for the song and both ladies were having some major pitch issues. I preferred Cary, the tone of her voice is smoother to me. Although, I preferred Sam in the blind auditions this performance had some issues.
Who should win? I'd go with Cary
Adam chose Sam

Team Blake: Kaleigh Glanton vs. Noah Lis sang Everything by Michael Buble-- Usher said he liked Noah's upper range, and Kaleigh's unique tone. Adam said although the chips were stacked against Kaleigh, he chooses her. Blake likes how Kaleigh thinks of the right places to go with her vocals and the night notes to sing. I actually liked both of the, loved the chemistry that they displayed throughout the performance. It didn't seem fake
Who should win? I could go either way
Blake chose Kaleigh

Lightning Rounds............

Cali Tucker vs Ryan Whyte Maloney sang What's Love Got to Do With It by Tina Turner – Ryan Wins – Team Blake
Christina Grimmie vs Joshua Howard  sang I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift– Christina wins – Team Adam
Kristen Merlin vs Lindsay Bruce sang Turn on the Radio by Reba McEntire– Kristen wins – Team Shakira

Team Shakira: Cierra Mickens vs. Emily B. sang Brave by Sara Bareilles-- I loved Shakira's point, they both excelled in the same areas and both struggled in the same areas. Both had big moments but both of them need work because if they don't work hard, they are not going to get past the next round. I did like that they were both fighting for it, both were determined to get through this.
Who should win? The determination says that they both deserve a second chance.
Shakira chose Emily B. and Usher stole Cierra


No comments: