Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Voice Season Six: The Battles Begin!

Team Usher: Biff Gore vs. TJ Wilkins sang Ain't Too Proud To Beg by The Temptations-- I like both of these contestants very much. This was like a case of old school R&B verse new school R&B. Even the way they presented themselves on stage kept to that old vs. new mentality.
Who should win? They both sound great, hard for me to choose one.
Usher chose TJ and Blake stole Biff

Team Blake: Jake Worthington vs. Lexi Luca sang It Goes Like This by Thomas Rhett-- I preferred Jake in this. I was really attracted to his tone. I thought the song choice was great, it did a good job of suiting both voices. Usher loves Jake's confidence. Adam said they both have big voices. Adam essentially chose Jake and said that his voice coupled with Blake's partnership and what he does could take them to the end. He thinks Jake could win this thing.
Who should win? Jake
Blake chose Jake

Team Shakira: Dani Moz vs. Deshawn Washington sang My Kind of Love by Emeli Sande-- Dani is wicked wobbly and she's doing it throughout the whole performance. She was sliding into notes too rather than hitting them head on, and it sounded a little sloppy. Deshawn was clear and soulful. His voice was soaring. I loved them performing together, they seemed to play off each other. Adam couldn't pick one. Blake said Deshawn surprised the heck out of him on this performance. Usher said Dani understand emotional need and told Deshawn that big things come in small packages and he would choose him. Shakira regretted pitting them against each other.
Who should win? Hands down Deshawn for me.
Shakira chose Dani........ Shick shack (that's my nickname for Shakira....) you made a huge mistake.
Why didn't Usher choose Deshawn, he seemed passionate about him

Team Adam: Kat Perkins vs. Patrick Thomas sang Whenever I Call You Friend by Kenny Loggins and Stevie Nicks-- I am sure Patrick is a nice guy but I was slightly bored by his performance, it was too 80s, and not the good part of it. Kat was more interesting to watch. Something happened in the middle of the performance and Patrick sounded clearly off key, and it was just rough.
Who should win? Kat all the way.
Adam chose Kat, and Shakira (are you for real Shakira?) stole Patrick

Team Blake: Paula Deanda vs. Sisaundra Lewis sang Do What You Want by Lady Gaga-- Paula needs to work on her lower register. At times Paula is sounding like Sisaundra's back up singer. Towards the end Paula found her footing in this, her falsetto was great. Sisaundra's voice was strong throughout. Usher thought Paula had some pitch issues, and would have to give it to Sisaundra. Shakira said Sisaundra's high note did it. Blake appreciated both ladies.
Who Should Win? I love Paula but Sisaundra outsang her so Sisaundra deserves to win this. Some should have stolen Paula (a-hem Shakira, this would have been where to steal.... I also think Usher could have helped Paula a lot).
Blake chose Sisaundra

Team Usher: Jake Barker vs. Stevie Jo sang Higher Love by Steve Winwood-- These two are nicely matched. I am unsure who I would pick, I like different things about both of them. Shakira commented on Jake's falsetto, it was really good. Adam said whoever doesn't make it is going to be on my team. Adam said he doesn't have to help Usher because they are competing against each other. Blake said it was one of the most evenly matched battles. Usher said this has been his hardest choice since he started.
Who should win? both
Usher chose Stevie and Adam stole Jake


No comments: