Monday, April 3, 2023

The Voice Season 23: I Was Unaware the Battles would be this Good

Team Kelly: D. Smooth and Ali sang Unaware by Allen Stone-- Blake said Ali had confidence and joy, and he is a fan of D. Smooth. Niall said it was not a battle but a duet, and he'd tilt a little bit towards Ali. I'm like Blake, I am really a fan of D. Smooth, and Kelly said she hasn't heard a guy sing like him since the 90s. True that! He reminds me of J. Holiday or Ginuwine. Kelly also mentioned that what Ali has is special, and it is, but with that being said, I'd need to choose D. Smooth. Kelly chose Ali. Chance tried to steal D. Smooth and then Kelly used her playoff pass on him. 




Team Blake: Grace West and Carlos Rising sang I Told You So by Randy Travis-- Niall said he would lean towards Grace. Chance loved Carlos tone and thinks he has a unique voice, he thinks they are so well matched that he can't pick one over the other. Kelly said Carlos you can carry through any genre, and Grace your soul and your tone is not teachable. Blake said I like how you can sing anything Carlos, and Grace you are born to sing country whether you want to or not. I loved both of them in all honesty, I can see both of them recording albums. Blake chose Grace. 




Team Niall: Tiana Goss and Kate Cosentino sang Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper-- Performance value was awesome, I didn't necessarily feel like it showcased their voices the best but it was a fun performance. Chance thought both of them could be stars, he leaned towards Kate though slowly based on performance. Kelly thinks it was an even playing field. Blake said he would go with Tiana, he felt like she was always on pitch and in the pocket. Niall said the winner of the battle is Kate. Chance stole Tiana. 




Team Kelly: Holly Brand and Katie Beth Forakis sang Lady Like by Ingrid Andress-- Blake loved Holly's classic country voice, but he loved what Katie Beth did with the harmonies and found it really cool. Kelly told Katie Beth her runs are so cool and so different. She said she believes Holly could sing so many different genres as well. I liked Katie Beth, but Holly is just so talented and has this undeniable voice. Kelly chose Holly, I would have as well. 




Team Chance: Chloe Abbott and Nariyella sang I Want You Around-- The style was very cool and I loved the vibe that they brought but I didn't love the song. Kelly loved the attitude of how Chloe sings, very Erykah Badu. She loved the smooth grit of Nariyella's voice. Blake said he felt like Nariyella had that song by the throat the entire time and he'd pick her. Chance said he had to lean into his gut and base it just on this battle, and he chose Nariyella. 




Team Niall: Ryley Tate Wilson and Michael B sang Heartbreak Anniversary by Giveon-- Woah! That was incredible. They were both so good and so soulful but yet so unique. Chance said that was just insane, one of the best in the battles so far. Chance said Ryley you're only 15, and Michael you just killed that. Kelly said, what you're 15, you can't even drive a car. Michael, why weren't you a four chair turn? Blake said I don't think I was there that day. Blake said we expected that from you Ryley, but for my money, Michael you won that battle. Niall said their performance was off the charts, and if they ask him, he isn't coming back. I'd save them both if I was Niall. Niall chose Michael. Niall gave Ryley his playoff pass. 



No comments: