Sunday, April 16, 2023

Half of the Top 26 Take the Stage on American Idol

 Allen Stone is the mentor tonight. 


Elise Kristine sang Holding Out for a Hero by Bonnie Tyler-- I did not think this was the best song for her to showcase her vocals. I like what she did with the second part of the song but I still felt like she did herself a disservice and to be honest, the arrangement was a bit of a mess. 

Oliver Steele sang Better Together by Jack Johnson-- Great song choice for him, and he sounds great. I loved his laid back vibe throughout the performance. Luke said it felt like you were your own artist. Lionel said you showed us your vocal identity. 

Matt Wilson sang Speechless by Dan and Shay-- Loved that, and I loved the small changes that he made that made the song his own. He is one of my favorites this year, super consistent. Luke said you have always been one of my favorite voices since day one. Lionel said I forget sometimes how silky that voice is. Katy said it is so great to see that journey, how confident you are now, that was gorgeous. 



Kaeyra sang Don't Let Go by En Vogue-- Epic performance. She needs to get into the top 20. Her vocals were awesome, and like Allen Stone, I also love that song. Lionel loves her voice, he said she owned the song. Katy said that song and the way you delivered it gave me frozen stank face. Luke said you presented yourself like a legitimate star. 



Pjae sang Golden by Jill Scott-- This was a smart and cool song choice for him. I agree with Luke in that towards the second half of the song he was so comfortable. It totally had a gospel feel. Lionel said everyone is stepping up tonight and sounding amazing. Katy loved the song choice for him. 

Zachariah Smith sang Lucille by Little Richard-- Wow, talk about having the whole package. He sings, he dances, his personality is just everything. At 19, I cannot believe it. Luke said you're crazy, and stars are crazy, I can't take my eyes off you. Lionel said that's show business. Katy said you're crazy talented. Allen Stone said your grandmother would be elated. 



Mariah Faith sang You Should Probably Leave by Chris Stapleton-- She sounded great, this was a perfect choice for her. Luke commented about how country she is but she has a bluesy soulful sound as well. 

Emma Busse sang Lay Me Down by Sam Smith-- I wanted her to sing it a little bit differently but I loved that she did this particular song. Lionel was impressed with her phrasing. 

Warren Peay sang Set Fire to the Rain by Adele-- I dig his interpretation of this song. He turned Adele into a country rock song. Lionel said give us more of that switch up. Katy said I appreciate that make it your own moment. 

Nailyah Serenity sang Loving You Minnie Riperton-- Wow, I am a fan. She did that song justice. That was amazing. Lionel said you went to the next level with that song. Katy said that was an Olympic voice, that was effortless, you're extra terrestrial. Luke said you have stardust all over you. 



Haven Madison sang The Middle by Zedd and Maren Morris-- I loved the advice Allen gave her.  Katy loved her youthful vibe. Luke wanted her to push further and turn it into a dance party but he thought she did a great job. Lionel said enjoy the stage and the moment. 

Lucy Love sang What's Love Got to Do with It by Tina Turner-- I thought she did great. Luke said no one wants it more than her. Katy called her a wild girl. 

Iam Tongi sang Don't Let Go by Spawnbreezie-- That was so awesome, and such a moment. He was really authentic and true to himself as an artist. Lionel loved witnessing this. Katy said your voice is like "buttah". Luke said I felt so much love. 



My Predictions

Top 3

Nailyah Serenity

Kaeyra

Matt, Iam, and Zachariah


Bottom 3

Elise Kristine

Emma Busse

Pjae or Haven Madison

No comments: