Sunday, April 30, 2023

American Idol Season 21, 12 Become 10 on Rock N' Roll Night

I decided that for Rock N' Roll night on American Idol I would not go through every performance because I did not find all of them memorable. At the end of the night before they picked the top ten, I narrowed it down to my top performances. 

Haven Madison sang Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi-- It's hard to believe how young Haven is, she has not plateaued. She seems to be someone who grows every week rather than standing still. She also hard to place in a box, she can do so many different genres of music. 



Colin Stough sang Midnight Rider by The Allman Brothers-- What a great song choice for him. With a little more self belief and stage presence he could make it to the finals. The judges see him as a big star, I think he just has to believe that. 




We Ani sang Somethings Got a Hold on Me by Ella Fitzgerald-- She is so unique and probably the most confident singer and performer in this competition. This was such an inspired performance, I like that she did not hold anything back, that was fearless. 



Megan Danielle sang Angel from Montgomery by Bonnie Raitt-- Adam Lambert made a great point that I have to mention. He said that she is the reason a show like American Idol works, and he is completely right. There is something special about Megan's voice. I really felt this song, the way she emotes makes her such a strong competitor. 



Zachariah Smith sang Don't Bring Me Down by ELO-- He is the performer of the group. Every week he comes out and just brings it. He always picks the perfect songs for his voice, but he also is so engaging, his charisma draws me in every time. Lionel said you're entertaining and that is what half of this business is. 



Iam Tongi sang Bring it on Home to Me by Sam Cooke-- Amazing song choice, and I love the soul he injects into every performance. He is another voice, soul, and personality in this competition who is just so authentic and unique. I think he always picks the best songs for him. The audience was literally chanting for him when he was done singing. 




American Idol 2023 Top 10

Warren Peay
We Ani
Iam Tongi
Megan Danielle
Zachariah Smith
Haven Madison
Colin Stough
Oliver Steele
Tyson Venegas
Marybeth Byrd

No comments: