Monday, May 1, 2023

American Idol Season 21: The Top 10 Sing Judges' Picks!

Zachariah Smith sang Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi-- What an amazing performance. He made that his own and I felt like it was electrifying. Lionel said the edge of his voice was incredible, it was nasty. Lionel chose the song and felt like he did great. 




Haven Madison sang The Only Exception by Paramore-- Great song for Haven, she continues to impress me. She guessed Katy chose it for her and she did. Spot on, Katy said vulnerable and strong, I agree!




We Ani sang I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston-- She sounded incredible, she looked incredible. Luke picked that song for her. Luke said I am so proud of you in that performance. That was one of the more elegant things I have ever seen, breathtaking. Lionel said you owned that song tonight. Katy said you picked the right song. You don't have a box, you supersede that box. 




Oliver Steele sang High & Dry by Radiohead-- I didn't love that song for him or performance. Katy said he went with his intuition and your interpreted that song as your own. Oliver not only selected Katy as the one who chose the song for him but he also picked which judge picked the other two songs for him. 

Warren Peay sang  Colder Weather by Zac Brown Band-- This was a huge performance for him, big improvement from last night. Katy said I want to see all of the cards that you're playing with. Luke told him to continue to lean on that grit. I have to say though I am happy that he cleaned it up a little. Lionel chose this song for him. 

Iam Tongi sang What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong-- I like this song but I think it is way too predictable for him. I would have liked to hear him sing something different. I see him being the frontrunner. The weird thing is, I don't see him recording original music or having a breakout career. To me, he is just a really good voice. Luke picked that song for him. 

Mary Beth Byrd sang Wasted on You by Morgan Wallen-- She is someone I feel like I could hear on country radio right now. She really felt the song and I enjoyed her interpretation. Wow, Lionel chose that song and I think it was amazing for her. Lionel wanted to get her out of her comfort zone. Katy called her a butterfly. 

Tyson Venegas sang Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi-- He has fallen a little for me since that amazing audition. I thought, again, this was a little predictable. Katy chose this song for him, it was the best of the three songs. 

Megan Danielle sang Go Rest High on That Mountain by Vince Gill-- Megan is becoming more and more confident on stage. Luke picked that song for her, and I think it was perfect, tailor made. Luke loves how she is so honest about her faith. Lionel said she has the amazing ability to touch. 




Colin Stough sang It's Been a While by Staind-- Great song choice for him! Well done to whoever picked this. He dirtied it up and he was feeling the song. The song sit perfectly in the pocket of his vocal. He guessed that Katy picked it and she did. She said thank you because you're a star. 




Moving on: 
Megan
Haven
Warren
We
Colin
Iam
Zachariah

Katy gets to save one of them: She saves Oliver, and Tyson and Mary Beth go home. To be honest, those were my picks to go home as well. I am very excited about the contestants moving on. And I love that Katy consulted with the other two judges. 

Oh wait in case you missed this..... amazing!



No comments: