Monday, May 1, 2023

The Voice Season 23 Playoffs: Team Blake and Team Chance Take the Stage

As soon as videos pop up I will attach them, there were some phenomenal performances tonight. 


Team Blake: Noivas sang Come Together by The Beatles-- Chance and Kelly said there is no way he doesn't make the live shows. Blake said the singing was incredible and his singing is a little wild but it works for him. 

Team Chance: Kala Banham sang My Funny Valentine-- Incredible! Kala should be in the finals for sure. Blake said it was perfect, unbelievable, and you have to put her through cause this is my show. Niall said that song was made for you, different level. Kelly said that was all the great adjectives. Chance said you made me cry in the rehearsals. 

Team Blake: Rachel Christine sang The Only Exception by Paramore-- That was a little pitchy. I just watched Haven Madison sing this on American Idol and her preferred her version. 

Team Chance: Jamar sang The Thrill is Gone by BB King-- I just think Jamar is a great artist. He has such a unique sound, and it's so authentic. Kelly said I wanna be you, that was such a great performance. Blake said you nailed it. Niall said Jamar is your guy. Chance liked his interaction with the band. 

Team Blake: Grace West sang Love is Alive by The Judds-- Kelly loved the song but she did not think it showcased the best of Grace. Blake said since the first time I heard you sing, you have been such a consistent and special artist. I love how she is country music today, she sounded great, but I have to say, I agree with Kelly. I think what she can do is far more than what she did tonight. 

Team Chance: Manasseh Simone sang Speak the Name by Koryn Hathorne-- I needed her to sing a more well known song. However, she puts so much effort into her performances. She strikes me as a perfectionist. Niall and Kelly both mentioned the passion that she put into the performance. Blake said it was shaky at parts but she pulled it together. 

Team Blake: Kylee Dayne sang Flowers by Miley Cyrus-- I thought she was a little pitchy unfortunately. I love her though. I think she is incredibly talented. I think she just missed some things she wanted to do. Blake said he could see her effort and he could see that she was frustrated with herself.  

Team Chance: Ray Uriel sang Essence by Whizkid and Tems-- He has a phenomenal voice and I love that I am hearing the lyrics for the first time. Amazing! Kelly said you have such a broken but beautiful tone. Blake said I want you to move forward and put your sound back on the radio. Kelly said it's like Frank Ocean and Miguel had a musical baby. Niall praised his vocal. I agree with Blake, we NEED him in this. 

Team Blake: Mary Kate Connor sang When I Die Young by The Band Perry-- I actually have to say, not to be all competitive, but I think I prefer her to Grace. She is strong, and she knows who she wants to be as an artist. Kelly said you're a magical storyteller. Niall said your tears at the end showed how much the song meant to you. Well done. Chance said she trusted in her gift, and she would kill it in the lives. Blake said her message was believable. 

Team Chance: Sorelle sang I Get a Feeling -- This was soooo good! I mean it was honestly ridiculous. Niall said their harmonies were so tight. Kelly said that what they did is so different. Blake said, you're putting them through right Chance? We'll talk! He commented on how yes they are strong together as a group but they arer also essentially strong individually as well. 



Blake chose: Noivas and Grace
Chance chose: Sorelle and Ray 



No comments: