Monday, May 22, 2023

The Voice Season 23: My My My The Finale

Team Blake: Grace West sang The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia by Reba McEntire-- Blake thought it was incredible. I think she is a great singer but I would have chosen something a little more uptempo, I also did not feel that did anything to showcase her vocals. She played it too safe. 

Team Kelly: D Smooth sang My My My by Johnny Gill-- Loved this performance, this is what I imagine him singing, this is totally his vibe every day. I did not want the performance to end. The coaches are on their feet. Chance said that was one of my fave performances this season. Kelly said you are already a star, you performed like this was your audience. I agree, he has such star quality. 

Team Chance: Sorelle sang A Million Reasons by Lady Gaga-- This has been their best performance to date. What a great arrangement and I loved how they built the dynamics throughout the song. Niall said girl that was so beautiful, it was nice to see you all stripped back like that. Chance said I am incredibly proud of you guys and your harmonies were so tight, it was nice to hear you all individually. 

Team Blake: Noivas sang Cold by Chris Stapleton-- I thought it started out a little rough but I thought by the end that he completely brought it. All the emotion and all the feeling was there. Kelly said what a smart song choice for you, it was a little country and a little bit of rock and roll. Blake said your personality and the way you make people feel is country, you killed it dude, congratulations. 

Team Niall: Gina Miles sang Style by Taylor Swift-- I liked this conceptually, it was really cool. I thought there were some hiccups but overall great performance. Chance thought it was an amazing performance, you have a distinct tone in your voice, and you are your own artist. Niall said you are a superstar. This was the perfect song for you, and I can't wait to see what kind of album you make. 

Team Blake: Grace West sang She's Got You by Patsy Cline-- I can tell Blake is really excited about this performance. She has a great voice, I like that she modernized this a little bit because Patsy Cline can come off as very old fashioned. Niall said Grace you saved your best two performances for tonight. He said the jump from the top of your range to the bottom was impressive. Blake said everyone sounds really good, that was unbelievable Grace. 

Team Blake: Noivas sang Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz-- It was certainly an uptempo performance. I felt like vocally he lost control at times but it was such a strong and powerful performance that I almost feel like you can excuse that. Chance said I knew you were gonna turn up,  and you deserve to win the show. Blake said we finally started this finally, you killed it, congratulations. 

Team Kelly: D Smooth sang What You Won't Do For Love by Bobby Caldwell-- D Smooth has put together these two awesome performances. I loved this song for him. I really hope we see him in music going forward.  Kelly loved his dynamics, you are so smooth man. You are so creative, you're a producer, a writer, all these things. 

Team Chance: Sorelle sang Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell-- Wow, that was an amazing performance. It just made me smile and it made me feel everything. Blake said you guys sound like a record when you get up here. He said to have all three of you singing in the pocket like that is a phenomenon. Chance said choreography on point, voices on point, it was pitch perfect, Blake is so salty right now.  

Team Niall: Gina Miles sang Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor-- That was a stunning performance, she really is putting up a fight. She could be the dark horse in this. Niall said that was absolutely incredible. I won't be forgetting that one any time soon. 

**I'll post videos when they upload 

This could be anyone's night to win. 

No comments: