Saturday, May 20, 2023

The Voice Season 23: The Lives Finally Begin

Team Niall: Ryley Tate Wilson sang Vienna by Billy Joel-- I am a huge Ryley Tate fan but this song choice was old and dated on him. I wanted to hear something newer, contemporary. I hope this isn't his only song. 

Team Chance: Ray Uriel sang Can You Stand the Rain by New Edition-- I am obsessed with his song choice, after all these years, this song still feels relevant. I wanted his outfit to be different for this song. I thought he gave a good performance, but he left me wanting more. I didn't feel satisfied. Blake said you're so cool on stage, killer job. 

Team Kelly: Holly Brand sang Rumor Has It by Reba McEntire-- Great song choice for Holly. She sounded beautiful and she showed her range through that song. Chance said she killed the whole performance. Kelly said she has no doubt Reba would be so proud. 

Team Blake: Noivas sang Skyfall by Adele-- Wow, that performance was a testimony. It was so powerful. The coaches are on their feet. Noivas was really overcome with emotion. Blake said every time he does something he does it different, he does it in the moment. 



Team Niall: Gina Miles sang All I Want by Kodaline-- I wanted to love this performance but this song choice fell short for me as well. Niall saw her confidence. 

Team Chance: Sorelle sang Fallin' by Alicia Keys-- That was such a cool performance and you could tell that they put so much into that. Kelly said you guys are incredible. Chance said I love that you keep your confidence, the pitch and the choreography were there. 

Team Kelly: D Smooth sang Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran-- I didn't think I was going to like this for him, but I loved it. He made it more soulful, he made it his own. Blake said I don't know how you don't vote that guy into the finale. You were comfortable on stage, cool, and unique. Kelly said I am such a fan and so proud of you, it's straight from the heart. 



Team Blake: Grace West sang Til I Can Make it on My Own by Tammy Wynette-- Niall said one of my favorite voices on this show. I've always been a fan of you. You need to be in the final. Blake said I will be stunned if you don't make it into the finale. You're the real deal.  



The 5 Finalists from Real Time Voting: 

Grace West, D Smooth, Gina Miles, Sorelle, Noivas 

Blake wraps his last season with two team members in the finals. 

No comments: