Monday, May 8, 2023

The Voice Season 23: Team's Kelly and Niall Fight for a Spot in the Lives

Team Kelly: D Smooth sang Location by Khalid-- That was like old school R&B at its finest. Chance liked how he was doing some improve towards the end. Blake said I am gonna be doing the same thing with my mic that you did there, no one has lived up to their name like you. Niall said I bet you never do that the same. Kelly said he really made the song his own. 




Team Niall: Ross Clayton sang With or Without You by U2-- Ross is one of those throwback artists, that was such a cool performance. I am surprised when Chance says he doesn't know that song. Kelly complimented his range. Blake said it went from good to incredible. Niall said he was proud of him and that he nailed it as usual. 



Team Kelly: Cait Martin sang Alone by Heart-- Wow, she actually pulled that off. I needed that big ending. Niall said song choice phenomenal, pure and clean. Chance thought it was a dope performance. Blake said you were a monster, it sounded like the pitch got off but then you made it back. Kelly said I need to think who you are going up against in the lives. 



Team Niall: Gina Miles sang Wicked Games by Chris Isaak-- What a stunning song choice for her. She sounds absolutely amazing. Chance said I don't know you had so much control of your lower register. Kelly said that was crazy, the control. You're rad. Blake said if you don't put her through, not only are you fired from the show, you're not my son anymore. That was the best thing I have heard on this show in a while. Niall said you absolutely nailed that performance, I still have goosebumps. 



Team Kelly: Neil Salsich sang Have a Little Faith by John Hiatt-- That was a gorgeous performance. I just loved how passionate he was, it's like he was talking to someone and telling a story, took it almost gospel style. Blake said all you do is come out here and be great. Niall said the runs were great and the passion you throw into the performance, magic. Chance said you know I rock with you, dynamic performance, great song choice. Kelly said your purpose and passion is on the stage, it's like home to you. 

Team Niall: Tasha Jessen sang Here by Alessia Cara-- I feel like she is under pitch. I think she got too much in her head during the performance. She is also behind the beat. Chance said it started rocky but then she settled in. Kelly said she felt like the song got away from her a bit, but she is a fan of hers. Niall said it got a little bit away, but you got it back and I am really proud of you. 

Team Kelly: Ali sang Never Alone by Tori Kelly and Kirk Franklin-- That was definitely emotional performance. Niall said you have a soul with storytelling, and I have been a fan since day one. Chance said you impress me every time. Blake said you have such a vision, and it got away from you a little bit, but you've become such a fan favorite. Kelly said you move me. 

Team Niall: Michael B. sang The Joke by Brandi Carlile-- What a solid performance. I could tell that Michael felt every note of that song. Kelly said that was crazy, that was so good.  All that stuff at the end, I didn't need it but you gave it to me anyway. Blake said Michael, that was incredible. I haven't seen anyone throw more of themselves into a performance than you have. Chance said I am always a fan of Michael B. Niall said you connect to this lyric and it's unlike anyone in this competition. 

Team Kelly: Holly Brand sang Bring on the Rain by Jo Dee Messina-- She has a great voice, I don't think that song best showcased her voice, but looking at her body of work, she is so talented. Blake said it's a tough part of the competition, you did a killer job. Niall said it's nice to see that side of you. Chance said you sang that first line and I sat up. Kelly said you bring us to that place. 

Team Niall: Ryley Tate Wilson sang When the Party's Over by Billie Eilish-- I felt he connected so well with the lyrics of the song, he poured everything into that performance. It was truly emotional. Chance said you surprise me every week, greatest show of control out of all the performances. Kelly said I am very very very scared of you, you are so good. Blake said, unbelievable, all the different parts of your voice, you know you gotta put Ryley through. Niall said, 15 years old, Ryley is mature beyond his years, I am so proud of you. 


Coach's Picks--

Team Kelly: D Smooth and Holly Brand

Team Niall: Ryley Tate and Gina Miles

No comments: