Monday, April 24, 2023

American Idol Season 21: Lots of Shockers, 20 to 12

1SAFE! We Ani sang This is Me from The Greatest Showman-- We looks like a star, she is stunning and her voice is beautiful. She always makes such great song choices. 

Singing for Survival :'( Michael Williams sang Golden Hour by JVKE-- Wow, I am shocked that he is in this position. He has such a great voice, and he is such a star. 

Singing for Survival: Hannah Nicolaisen sang Royals by Lorde-- Also surprised Hannah is in the bottom. I want to know who America chose because this young woman is phenomenal. All the judges were standing. Lionel said you're a star. 

2SAFE! Warren Peay sang It's Not My Time by 3 Doors Down-- Such a great artist and such a great song choice. I am so happy for Warren and excited to hear that he was chosen for the top 12. 

Singing for Survival: Mariah Faith sang If It Hadn't Been for Love by The Steeldrivers-- Luke felt song choice may have gotten her last night, but he thought that tonight was a perfect song choice. I agree. She sounded strong tonight. 

3SAFE! Haven Madison sang What If I Want it Now-- She sounded the best I have heard her sound. I've had my doubts about her, lots of them, and she sounded so sound. 

Singing for Survival:'(  Nailyah Serenity sang Alive by Sia-- This is the biggest shock of the night, she is so awesome, come through judges, come through! She is electrifying every time. Katy said you bring the soul to this show. 

Singing for Survival Paige Anne sang I Am Here by Pink!-- Lionel praised her ability to continue fighting and to come back. 

Singing for Survival:'( Matt Wilson sang For Tonight by Giveon-- Wow, I take it back, this shocks me the most. Matt is essential to this competition. His story cannot be over here. Luke said I love the smoothness of your voice, and I am sorry you're here. 

4SAFE! Tyson Venegas sang Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me by Elton John and George Michael-- Tyson is always so uplifting and inspiring. 

5SAFE! Colin Stough sang Dancing On My Own by Robyn-- Glad Colin made it, and this is one of my fave songs. This may have been his breakthrough performance. 

6SAFE! Marybeth Byrd sang Cover Me Up by Jason Isbell-- Didn't love that song, but she was wonderful last night with her original song. I am so happy she made it to the top ten. 

Singing for Survival:'( Kaeyra sang If I Were Your Woman by Gladys Knight-- She is so good. I just don't understand why she didn't make it. A+!!! Katy said I hope you vote for her if she gets to sing next time. 

7SAFE! Oliver Steele sang You're Still the One by Shania Twain-- Oliver always makes cool song choices. I think he is very unique

Singing for Survival :'(  Olivia Soli sang God is a Woman by Ariana Grande-- This young woman should not be in this position. She blows me away every time and tonight was no exception. Luke said he couldn't even talk. 

8SAFE! Iam Tongi sang Stuck on You by Lionel Richie-- Lionel was really enjoying the performance. Iam is very deserving of this opportunity. 

9SAFE! Zachariah Smith sang Hold the Line by Toto-- He just has such an impactful voice, and his star quality and charisma is so present and real. This was s standout performance to me. I loved this. 

Singing for Survival :'( Lucy Love sand Radioactive by Imagine Dragons-- I love me some Lucy Love, she is so powerful. Love her voice, love her strength, love her story. Awesome song for her. Lionel said if I'm gonna bet on anybody, I'm gonna bet on you. 

10SAFE! Megan Danielle sang Thank God I Do by Lauren Daigle-- I really hope this love gives her some self belief. She really has such a special voice.  

Singing for Survival :( Nutsa sang And I Am Telling You from Dreamgirls-- I hope she knocks this out of the park. She brought it home. Wow! 

First judges pick-- Lucy Love and  second pick is Nutsa

Wow, so many amazing artist going home. I am sad. :'( 

Shocking that so many great people went home. 

No comments: