Tuesday, March 28, 2023

The Voice Season 23 Battle Rounds: It's Me, Hi!

Team Niall: Ross Clayton and Laura Littleton sang Stop Dragging My Love Around by Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks-- I would give the edge to Ross. I just think there is something unique about him, his style, his voice. Niall said you're two unbelievable singers. He ended up choosing Ross. 

Team Chance: Magnus and Alyssa Lazar sang Your Song by Elton John-- I LOVE both of them. I did not expect that. Magnus has such a warm and round tone. I also love how he chose to phrase the words. Alyssa leveled up from the blinds, she outdid herself. Alyssa said you are piercing and powerful, and Magnus your voice is round and warm bodied. Chance said Alyssa, your voice and style is meant for this song. Magnus you smashed the intentionality of the notes I gave you on this song. Chance chose Magnus. 

Team Kelly: Marcos Covos and Sheer Element sang I Could Fall in Love with You by Selena. Kelly chose Marcos. 

Team Blake: Kylee Dayne and Mary Kate Connor sang Anti-Hero by Taylor Swift--These young women are both amazing!! Wow! I think this is one of my fave ever Battles on The Voice. I love how Kylee has more this alto harmony and Mary Kate with that sweet soprano and the ad libs. Niall said you made Anti Hero completely your own. Chance said it seemed like you two grew up together, you should record that version. Kelly said Kylee your voice always sounds special, Mary Kate, you have this passion that is breathtakingly beautiful. Niall went for Mary Kate, Chance went for Kylee, and Kelly didn't really say, she said that they were evenly matched. Blake said you both gave 150% at what you do. He chose Kylee as the winner of the battle. He gave Mary Kate his play off pass. 



No comments: