Monday, March 6, 2023

The Voice Season 23: Kicking Off Blake's Final Season

Neil Salsich sang Honky Tonk Blues by Hank Williams-- Love the rasp and growl on Neil's voice, I think he has some great versatility. All four coaches turned. Blake blocked Kelly, and Neil chose Blake. 

Sorelle sang Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy-- They are really fun, I was somewhat put off by some of the harmonies but I think that they could grow. Blake and Chance turned, but they're gonna choose Chance, no big loss. They are okay. 

Holly Brand sang Mississippi Girl by Faith Hill-- Holly is awesome, I love her voice and her style. She has a great personality. Niall loved her voice and the control. Chance said she hit veery note spot on. Kelly said she heard a mix of Faith and Carrie Underwood. Blake didn't turn and she opened for him when she was 10 years old! Blake told Holly to choose Niall, she ended up going with Team Kelly. 



Tasha Jessen sang River by Leon Bridges-- Wow! I LOVE her voice. Blake and Niall turned at the same time. Chance turned at the last minute. Tasha looks so excited to meet Blake. Blake said that she grew more comfortable as the performance went on. He said I'd be damn proud to have you on the last Team Blake. Niall begged for her to be on his team. I love how he calls Blake, "Dad". Tasha said Chance was the first rapper she listened to. Tasha picked Blake. 


Star Martin sang No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley-- Her voice was so pretty, but no one turned. She declared that she would be back. 

Ross Clayton sang Blue Ain't Your Color by Keith Urban-- He has such a country rock voice! This was so good, love a good four chair turn. Niall turned everyone's chairs around and said he has so much soul in his voice, and that he came up on a show at the age of 16. Blake made the, this is my last season pitch. Niall made a convincing pitch though and scored his first team member. 



Michael B sang Save Your Tears by The Weeknd-- Michael is a throwback type singer. I could see him rocking out to some 80s music. Niall is the only one who turned, and I think this could be a dark horse in the competition.

D Smooth sang Perfect by Ed Sheeran-- He made this song his own and it was pretty cool. He reminded me a little but of J Holiday. Kelly turned and Niall turned right before it was over.  Kelly said he sounded like Brian McKnight. Niall said Perfect is such a hard song to sing cause you can't take a breath and he kept taking it up a level. I totally agree with that. He chose Kelly! 

Emily Ryne sang The First Cut is the Deepest by Rod Stewart-- No one turned but she had some funny Blake stories that she shared. 

Alex Whalen sang Help Me Make it Through the Night-- He had such a unique sound. It's cool that he is from London but living in Florida now. Blake said I have never worked with a country singer from London. Chance said he liked his swag and joked it's his last season too just like Blake. Alex picked Team Blake. 

NOIVAS (Savion Wright) sang A Change is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke-- Savion has such an amazing gift, you feel his passion for the song, and music. He has great dynamics, well deserved four chair turn, disappointed that Blake was blocked. His voice reminds me a little bit of Stevie Wonder. Chance said you're an incomparable talent. Niall said you gave us so many moments and I loved your passion, you reminded me of Stevie Wonder. Savion said I was gonna go with you Blake. NOIVAS picked Chance but I know someway, somehow -- he is going to make his way to Team Blake. 



 



No comments: