Monday, March 27, 2023

The Voice Season 23: These Battles Are the Opposite of That "Skinny Love" ..... my my my, my my my my my

From Team Blake: Tasha Jessen and EJ Michels sang Tracks of My Tears by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles-- I thought it was a close battle but I loved EJ. I would give him the edge. Chance thought it was award level performance. Niall would also go with EJ. Blake said there is something special about Tasha's tone. EJ came in swinging. Blake went with Tasha and Chance and Niall tried to steal. EJ chose Niall. Good because Chance was very conceited in his approach. 


Team Chance: Jamar Langley and Mariah Kalia sang Gravity by John Mayer-- Mariah was doing more ad-libbing but I think I liked stylistically and vibe wise where Jamar was sitting with that performance. It was a cool performance of older style verse younger style. Kelly said Mariah you brought a sassy vibe to it, and  Jamar you have an incredible gift. Blake said I would pick Jamar, and Mariah I would invest a lot of money in you. Chance said Jamar you are an artist's artist, and Mariah you have so much control with your voice,  you blow me away. Chance chose Jamar. 




Team Niall: Gina Miles and Kala Banham sang Skinny Love by Bon Iver-- They were both amazing! I loved that. I really cannot pick a winner. Kala has a warm tone, Gina with that high tone is gorgeous. Kelly said you're both fantastic. Chance enjoyed the dynamics. Blake said this was evenly matched, and he asked Gina who she listens to and how she learned to sing. Blake said I would love to hear you on a record. Niall said Gina has this quiet speaking voice but when she comes out and sings it's crazy. He loves Kala's commitment to the process. Niall chose Gina as the winner. Kelly stole Kala. 



Team Kelly: Allie Keck and Cait Martin sang It Must Have Been Love by Roxette-- Ali had some powerful moments in that performance. Cait shined throughout and what was really special was how she made Ali shine as much as she made herself shine. I would go with Cait. Niall said that they both made it their own, and he isn't any help picking. Chance loved Ali's tone, and he thought Cait made it her own. He would go with Cait. Kelly chose Cait. 



Team Blake: Walker Wilson and Kason Lester sang Here Without You by 3 Doors Down-- First off, I am a HUGE fan of 3 Doors Down, so this is going to be a good battle. I would go with Walker, I just thought he had that tone that is really pleasing and draws you in. Niall liked his husk and he likes how Walker's tone pierces through. He'd lean towards Walker. Chance said you guys are the same person, but then he continued and said you're just wearing a hat to Walker. I thought was that kind of rude because they do have different qualities to their voice which Kelly talked about. Kelly thought it was evenly matched. She said Kason has more gravel and rasp but Walker has grit to his voice. He described what Walker has as a "buzz". Blake chose Walker


Team Chance: Sorelle and Manassah Simone sang Someone Like You by Adele-- Wow! I seriously hope they both go through. They all contributed so much to this performance. There were so many beautiful and powerful moments. That was beautiful. Kelly said that was really well done Sorelle, Manassah you are the reason why this show exists. Blake said I wondered if this was gonna work and now I feel like I only want to hear you all sing together. Niall said Manassah where you started and ended were two different planets, and Sorelle the harmonies were so good. Chance picked Sorelle to move on. He granted Manassah his only "Playoff Pass". She will go right through to the playoffs.   



No comments: