Monday, March 13, 2023

The Voice Season 23: Ohhh La La

Ryley Tate Wilson sang Dancing On My Own by Robyn-- At 15, wow, the poise, and the experience that he sings with is truly beyond his years. He is a well deserved four chair turn. Niall said Ryley my head nearly exploded, that was the best audition we've heard so far. Kelly said your tone is incredible. Your runs weren't planned, they were felt. Chance said I loved how you improvised with the runs and how much control there was. Blake said you pick me as your coach, and I will quit coaching after this season because I got you on my team. Ryley picked Niall. 

Jamar Langley sang Try Me-- Jamar has that old school R&B throwback type of voice and vibe. I knew Blake would be drawn to that type of artist, but I am excited to see what Chance is going to do with him. Jamar chose Chance. 

Allie Keck sang Paris (Oohh La La) by Grace Potter & The Nocturnals-- Blake turned right away and then Kelly turned. What happened with Niall and Chance? She was amazing. She totally rocked, and I loved her voice and her attitude. Kelly loved how her voice projects. Blake said I am thinking vintage rock from the 70s and 80s and do a twist on it. I wanna blow it out one last time as a coach and I wanna do it with you, come on Allie. Wow! Allie chose Kelly, I would have gone with Blake on this one. 

Jayda Klink sang No Air by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown-- Wow, no one turned, she was good, but there were some nerves. 

Walker Wilson sang Hurricane -- I really liked Walker's voice, I am somewhat shocked that no one else turned. Blake said you have a grit to what you do. You're on the right track with that sound. Kelly said yea that's what it is, I'm scared to go up against you Blake, I'm trying to help out grandpa on his last season.  

Ali sang Killing Me Softly with His Songs-- Kelly and Chance turned straight away. I like how she transformed the song in so many cool ways. Chance said I am so stunned to hear that you're hearing impaired. Chance said I would love to hear you sing some gospel and Ali said she grew up singing it. I am shocked that she went with Kelly. 

Manessah Simone sang I Will Rise Up by Andra Day-- Chance was the only one who turned. Manessah returned after not getting any chair turns last season. I feel like she definitely took the judges notes and worked on her verbratto. I'm happy for her. 

Jerome Godwin III sang pov by Ariana Grande-- His voice is so unique and what an original song choice. Kelly and Niall both turned. Niall loved the dynamics in his voice. He ended up choosing Niall. 

EJ Michels sang Easy on Me by Adele-- His tone!!! OMG! I love his full voice. He also has an amazing falsetto. Chance turned and was real surprised, and Blake turned just before the end of the performance. Chance said I want to hear you sing some Maxwell or D'Angelo. Blake said hi EJ, I know where Utah is. Your voice is so raw and honest, emotionally it kind of had me on the edge. Chance said I might be 100 from the field. EJ chose Blake! 

Sophia Hoffman sang Amor Eterno-- Kelly advised her perfectly she needs to pick a song that shows the highs and lows of her voice. I think her performance was too old fashioned and pageanty. 

Laura Littleton sang Sign of the Times by Harry Styles-- Three chair turn, she was good, she has that folksy voice. Everyone turned except Chance. Blake is upset that Kelly blocked him. Kelly said it's like Dolly meets Florence and the Machine. Niall said I like the natural shakes you have in your voice. The song is not an obvious pop song, it's a bit left. And you're a bit left. Laura picked Niall..... bahahaha Kelly wasted her block. 

 Faves of the night-- Ryley, EJ, Jerome, and Laura 


No comments: