Tuesday, March 14, 2023

American Idol Season 21: After the Oscars Special

I didn't get to post this on Oscar night because the show ran so late that by the time American Idol was to be on I was asleep. There was some great talent that night, but there were three contestants in particular that I found worthy of getting to the live showcases. 

In no particular order-- 

Hannah Nicolaisen sang To Make Me Feel Your Love by Bob Dylan-- this young woman just started singing a few months ago, her ability is immense. Katy said, I don't think you even realize what you have. Lionel told Hannah that a unique voice like hers is what they pray for. Luke told her she is born to sing. 




Tripp Taylor sang I Believe it to My Soul by Ray Charles-- WOW! This young man is a complete throwback to a time long before himself. He seems to have such ease when he sings and his rasp is so cool. Luke appreciates how he attacks the mic. Katy said he has the "it" factor. Lionel praises his stage presence. 


Colt Glover sang Rock Salt and Nails by Flatt & Scruggs-- Colt has a great country voice, a cool vibe, and he comes across as so humble. He was nervous but his authenticity made up for it. Katy said he is the best country singer that they have seen so far and said he was top ten worthy. Luke said he was happy that Colt was there with them. Lionel said that they are going to teach him what to do with his hands. 




**Let's see how I do, but I think these three are great talents! 


No comments: