Monday, March 20, 2023

The Voice Season 23: A Case of You

Mariah Kalia sang Idon'twannabeyouanymore by Billie Eilish-- Wow that was a hot performance! Oh my gosh, her voice and the dynamics were just so far beyond her years. Niall and Chance turned early on. Chance says he is blown away and wants to spend time learning her influences. Niall feels like he heard a young Amy Winehouse. Kelly said it is about who is going to bring out the best version of you. She chose Chance



Kylee Dayne sang Fallingwater by Maggie Rogers-- Chance and Blake pushed and then Niall hit his button at the end. I wasn't feeling the song choice, I didn't think it was the best in terms of showcasing her voice. Chance says she is the textbook definition of a star. Niall said she sounded a lot like Florence from Florence and the Machine. Blake said it's his last season as a coach on The Voice after 12 years. Kylee chose Blake

Joe with the Flow sang Mystery of Love by -- No one turned but yet he was so memorable! I hope he comes back. 

Gina Miles sang The One That Got Away by Katy Perry-- Kelly and Niall turned. Gina has this quiet voice but her singing voice is so big and powerful. Niall comments on how she grips the microphone with two hands and says he used to do that. Niall says Kelly is one of the best voices of the past ten generations but he can coach to feeling and character and Gina has both of those. Gina picks Niall 

Kason Lester sang Let's Start Over by Daughtry-- I kept going between loving it and feeling like he was just missing. He had a great rock voice but I felt like he was just outside the pocket. Blake was the only one who pushed. 

JB Somers sang Case of You by Joni Mitchell-- I love his voice, it's really different and cool. Kelly said you are gonna make it to the finale. Chance said I respected your high register. My friend James Blake covered that song. I think he would be good on either Kelly or Chance's team. JB goes with Kelly. 

Alison Bailey sang by Lauren Daigle-- No one turned, everyone urged her to come back and work on her lower register.

Ray Uriel sang Glimpse of Us-- Chance turns at the last minute and is the only coach to turn. Could Ray turn out to be someone who makes it to the live shows? Chance comments on his radio ready voice. 

Alyssa Lazar sang Maybe I'm Amazed-- She also ended up on Team Chance 

Rachel Christine sang Uninvited by Alanis Morrisette-- I love this song. She's awesome. I love female rockers. Chance turned and Kelly turned at the last moment. Kelly said Alanis is one of her favorites and she did not disappoint. Kelly said if I were your coach I'd want you to be more wild with parts of it. Blake said Chance has been waiting to talk for 15 minutes. Chance said I turned first and I want to win this whole show. You have an amazing tone. Rachel chose Kelly 

Domenica Coka sang When I Look At You by Miley Cyrus-- No one turned, her voice was a little shouty. Kelly said it was pitchy and urged her to come back. 

Cait Martin sang As It Was by Harry Styles-- One of my fave Voice auditions EVER. She is amazing. I love how she made such a memorable and well known song hers. Her tone and dynamics are just fire. I literally felt every emotion with that performance. All the coaches turned! Kelly, then Niall, and Blake and Chance turned towards the end. Kelly said your range, that was high, and you did that so effortlessly. Blake said I am tired but I would love to go out with a win on this thing. I can dig down deep and find the energy and passion to win the Voice. Niall said I was blown away, you like storyteller type music and that's what I do for a living. You had so many dynamic and beautiful moments in the song. Chance said if you want to win, you should ride with me. Cait chose Kelly 


Faves of the night-- Mariah Kalia and Cait Martin 


No comments: