Tuesday, March 7, 2023

The Voice Season 23: Jej Is Back!


One of the most exciting things I heard about tonight is that Jej Vinson who was on Team Kelly in Season 16 (2019) is back, but as part of a group called Sheer Element. Remember Jej? Cause I do. They kicked off the show. Sheer Element sang Leave the Door Open by Silk Sonic-- They have so much range and when they are singing full voice it sounds like ten people. This was magic. Kelly is shocked! Niall said we were all trying to guess, how many parts is this? Niall said it made me feel. Chance said I can tell you guys have done this for a while because it sounds so tight. Kelly said you're picking a coach, not to teach you anything, but for song selection. Niall says I was in a group. Blake said really? You must be good at picking songs and putting harmonies together. He is really pushing for Niall. Blake is the only one who did not turn. 




Carlos Rising sang Change the World by Eric Clapton-- Blake turned right at the start and Kelly turned at the very last minute. Blake liked that he didn't sound like Eric Clapton doing that song. Niall said I am looking forward to seeing what you will do with him Blakey Boy. Kelly made a good pitch but Carlos is totally in Blake's wheelhouse as an artist. Carlos chose Blake. 

Alex Graham sang She Had Me at Heads Carolina-- No one turned, he had some shaky vocals, I think it came down to nerves like Niall said. 

Magnus sang Sara Smile by Hall & Oates-- Oh my goodness! I am so shocked that only Chance turned. He was so good. Chance said I am so excited to win this show with you. Blake said the performance got better as it went along. 

Kala Banham sang Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell-- Kala has a beautiful voice. She wants to work with Kelly, and I see that Niall blocked her. Niall said I used my one and only block on you, and I'd love to grab a guitar and go write a song with you. Kelly went over and hit Niall with her Team Kelly jacket. Chance said I'd like to bring you some stuff the other coaches haven't been exposed to. Kala chose Niall. 

No comments: