Thursday, November 22, 2012

The X Factor Season 2: The Top 10 Perform-- Who will go home on Thanksgiving Day?

The contestants sang songs that reminded them of the people that they are thankful for. 

Tate Stevens sang I'm Already There by Lonestar-- Britney said that Tate's performances are always so touching. Simon said that his voice was breaking in parts, but there's not a cat's chance in hell that he's going home. LA felt that Tate sang that song with a lot of confidence. Tate's a winner through and through and I can see him opening for some of country's biggest acts within the next two years. He's a bona-fied star.

Diamond White sang Because You Love Me by Celine Dion-- LA said, Diamond, you never had a moment like that, you are the truth. We're going to be hearing your name for many years. Demi said she was blown away. Simon said, fearless and incredible, I believed every single word of that lyric. Britney said it was so beautiful. Diamond keeps improving every week; she has such maturity. I am really thankful that she wasn't voted off a few weeks ago and that they brought her back.

Emblem3 sang Secret by One Republic-- LA thought their performance lacked emotion this being, what I'm thankful for week. Britney and Demi felt that their performance was a nice change of pace. Simon felt it was a great song choice. I like Emblem3 and I don't think that they should go home. I agree this performance was a bit lackluster, not as strong as previous weeks, but this is a talented group of young men.

Arin Ray sang Hero by Enrique Iglesias-- LA felt the song was too big for him. Demi said she would not have signed him if she was a record exec. and she thought it was boring. Simon said I don't think we are hearing who you are in the real world. He also asked him how he feels, and Arin said he would prefer to dance and perform something uptempo. I love Arin to pieces, but I wish he was allowed to sing something that reflected who he really is. If he gets through this week, which he could, because there were several people who were worse than him, he needs to bring it.

Cece Frey sang Wind Beneath My Wings by Better Midler-- Everyone praised her for her emotion, but the vocals were not good.

Fifth Harmony sang I'll Stand by You by The Pretenders-- LA thought it was great. Britney said it was a beautiful rendition of the song and she found it touching. Demi didn't like the song choice but remains a Fifth Harmony fan. Personally, I think Demi is being a hater. Simon said, I was crazy about the song and crazy about you girls. I think Simon has made a major discovery with these girls.

Beatrice Miller sang Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol-- Demi doesn't feel Beatrice progressing. Simon disagreed with Demi and felt that this week was better than last. Britney felt it was her best vocal yet. As a spirit and a person, I love Beatrice, but I think this was also a weak performance, although; better than last week.

Vino Alan sang Proud to be an American by Lee Greenwood-- Vino received a standing ovation from all four judges. Britney called his performance spot on, amazing. Demi said, for the first time, I see something special in you tonight. Simon reminded everyone never to judge a book by it's cover. He also told him that he sang with such sincerity. LA said, I'm so proud of you, you stand for the troops and I stand for you. What a special performance by Vino; I'm such a huge fan.

Paige Thomas sang Everytime by Britney Spears-- Britney thought that she performed her song beautifully, but LA didn't think it was good enough to get her out of the ten spot. Simon said that her emotion took over and ultimately it ended up being a weak performance because she couldn't keep it together. Demi even admitted that it was pitchy in points.

Carly Rose Sonenclar sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow-- LA called Carly a force of nature. Simon said she blew the competition open and he loved it and loved her version of the song. Britney said it was unreal. Carly is just amazing, and I cannot believe the level of talent that this 13 year old actually possess.


Who is in trouble tonight: Arin Ray, Beatrice Miller, Cece Frey, and Paige Thomas. 
  

   


No comments: