Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Voice Season 3: The Live Shows Continue (Part 2)

Team Christina:
Adriana Louise sang Firework by Katy Perry-- Blake said that she takes big steps every time she takes the stage. The song is tough to sing, as Adam and Christina pointed out, it goes from low to medium to high. I give Adriana props, she is a force in this competition. I found it screechy at points, but I think she is one of the strongest members of Team Christina.

Team Cee Lo:
Cody Belew sang One More Try by George Michael-- Wow!!! Cody was phenomenal; I could see him being like a George Michael of today. Adam said it was a great song choice, and Cody said it was Cee Lo's idea. Blake called him a threat and said he is one of his and his wife Miranda's favorites. He said that Cody has grown with each performance. Christina said Cody made it his own and made her smile. Cee Lo said he was so proud of him.

Team Christina:
De'Borah sang Who Knew by Pink-- Cee Lo said he loved the mix of hip hop swagger and the gospel soul part of her voice. Adam said said she referred to herself in the video as "regular De'Borah" and that there is nothing regular about her because there is only one of her and what she does is special. Blake said her voice always sneaks up on him. Christina said she is so real, so raw, and she commands the stage. I love the passion and the heart; I agree with Christina, she is the real deal. 

Team Cee Lo:
Diego Val sang Bailamos by Enrique Iglesias-- Adam said he wasn't fully engaged in the song, but it was a good performance. Blake appreciated his coolness on the stage. Christina agreed with Adam. Cee Lo felt that this would give him a chance of sing something safe in his native tongue, and the song was sexy. Honestly, I like Diego's coolness, he has a very laid back casual feel to his voice. I could see him being like Juanes as an artist, similar style. 

Team Cee Lo:
MacKenzie Bourg sang That's What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction-- Adam felt that he was a throwback to Buddy Holly. He doesn't necessarily think he will win, but he likes him as a character on The Voice. If I'm being honest, MacKenzie is charming and all, but I wasn't excited with this performance. I think for the first time in this competition MacKenzie could be in trouble.

Team Christina:
Devyn Deloera sang Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis-- As far as level of difficulty, this song is as hard to sing as Firework. Cee Lo she was a better singer than the performance was. I don't think Devyn deserves to go home, but this wasn't as good as it could have been and should have been.

Team Cee Lo:
Nicholas David sang You're My First My Last My Everything by Barry White-- Adam said after hearing Nicholas sing that, he wants to go make a baby. Blake said Nicholas is his favorite singer on Team Cee Lo. Cee Lo said he deserves to go all the way, and that he has such a timeless quality to his voice. Nick deserves to automatically advance, what he does is that special.

Team Christina:
Sylvia Yacoub sang The One That Got Away by Katy Perry-- No lie, I haven't been a fan of Sylvia's, but this was a strong performance. Cee Lo even called it his favorite performance of the night so far. What I actually appreciated about this performance is that it wasn't screamed like Adriana's and Devyn's performances were at points. She may be the dark horse from Team Christina.

Team Christina:
Dez Duron sang Wanted by Hunter Hayes-- Blake and Adam both said his vocal runs have great accuracy and precision. Christina gave him a standing ovation, and said he is the whole package. I think a lot of other critics who's reviews I have read were way too harsh and critical on Dez. I thought he did great, and I am not just saying that cause he looks good, honestly.

Team Cee Lo:
Trevin Hunte sang How Am I Supposed to Live Without You by Michael Bolton-- Yes, omg, side note, Purrfect the Cat is back! Blake said every time you get on the stage, you move me, and you have everything it takes to win The Voice. Christina found him captivating. Trevin should, without question, automatically advance.

Team Christina, who I think is moving forward:
De'Borah, Sylvia Yacoub, and Dez Duron

Team Cee Lo, who I think is moving forward:
Trevin Hunte, Cody Belew, and Nicholas David

No comments: