Monday, November 5, 2012

Dancing with the Stars All Stars Season 15: Week 6

For all those who didn't think it could happen twice, myself included, it happened; Sabrina Bryan was voted off Dancing with the Stars on the same week she was voted out in Season 5, and this time around she was the high scorer overall according to the judges' scores.

This is country week:

See www.abc.com/dancingwiththestars for video or M.J.'s Big Blog

Gilles and Peta – Cha Cha Cha – “Man I Feel Like a Woman” by Shania Twain-- I agree with Len, Gilles consistently gives 100% and it's amazing to watch every time. I just cannot keep my eyes off them dancing. Carrie Ann called it classy and sexy, and I so agree.
Scores: 9, 9, 9.5= 27.5

Sabrina and Louis – Rumba – “Wanted” by Hunter Hays-- Bruno mentioned the emotional thread that ran through the dance. Carrie Ann hugged Sabrina and told her she was dancing from her heart, and  Len said it had wonderful choreography. I am still shocked that Sabrina went home.
Scores: 10, 10, 10= 30

Kelly and Val – Tango – “Good Girl” by Carrie Underwood-- Kelly was so good this week, I'm so proud to say that I'm a fan. Carrie Ann and Bruno both made comments about Kelly's great comeback. Len said that it was a bit hectic at times, but she held it together. Bruno said,  "You are back in the game big time. What a come back.”
Scores: 9, 9, 9= 27

Melissa and Tony – Viennese Waltz – “Why You Wanna” by Janna Kramer-- Wow, Melissa's solo is absolutely stunning, best I've seen so far. Len gave Melissa a standing ovation and said she has the how and she has the wow. Bruno said her solo was exquisite, it was weightless, fluid, and lyrical. Carrie Ann felt she wasn't dancing out enough and her dancing was internal. Bruno really argued about this with her. I agree with Bruno, Carrie Ann it totally knit picking. This was gorgeous.
Scores: 9.5, 10, 10= 29.5

Shawn and Derek – Cha Cha Cha – “She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy” by Kenny Chesney-- I agree with Len, I thought her solo was pretty stuff. My positive comment about Shawn is that I love how she "performs", she smiles, she has great personality and charisma when she dances. Bruno liked the fusion of country and cha cha cha in the dance, and Carrie Ann agreed. Carrie Ann also liked how she articulated her movements. Len liked the choreography and the movement, but not the gimmicks.
Scores: 9.5, 8.5, 10= 28

Kirstie and Maks – Rumba – “Home” by Blake Shelton-- Here's what I am going to say about this, and I am going to skip the judges' comments, I would agree with most people that Kirstie isn't the best dancer, and that she probably should have gone home before Sabrina. What sells her every week though is her connection with Maks and their chemistry.
Scores: 9.5, 8.5, 9.5= 27.5

Apolo and Karina – Viennese Waltz – “Sara Beth” by Rascal Flatts-- Apolo is dancing really well in this number, it's probably his most expressive number since he started on Dancing with the Stars. Bruno proclaims him a leading man and Len says he had great musicality, and he loved it. Carrie Ann says, “That was poetry in motion and it was so nice to see you guys connected that way". Each movement was done with so much intention.
Scores: 10, 10, 10= 30

Emmitt and Cheryl – Fox Trot – “Islands in the Stream” by Dolly Parton and Kenny Chesney-- Well Emmitt's solo was the best part for me. The dance itself seemed a little bit off at points and it didn't have the polish that it usually does coming from Cherly and Emmitt. Len said it lacked finesse but was very entertaining.
Scores: 8.5, 8.5, 9.5= 26.5

No comments: