Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Voice Season 3: The Live Shows Begin! (Part 1)

Monday began the live shows of Season 3 of The Voice. Team Adam and Team Blake took to the stage and gave it their best shot to prove that they belong in the top 12. If I am doing my math right, that means two artists from each team are going home. I believe the top two vote getters from each team automatically advance and then each coach will pick one of the three remaining contestants on their team to save. So with all that in mind, here's my predictions on the artists going home.

Team Adam:
 Joselyn Rivera sang Give Your Heart A Break by Demi Lovato-- I think the passion is there, but I don't think this was the best song or best vocal for her. To me, she will not automatically advance.

Team Blake:
Terry McDermott sang Don't Stop Believing by Queen-- Christina talked about Terry's voice being easy on the ears, that's completely true. Each time that Terry begins to sing, I know it's going to be good. I hear the first note and I want to listen to the next one and the next one. Cee Lo said it was effortless and timeless, and he should automatically advance.

Team Adam:
Melanie Martinez sang Hit The Road Jack by Ray Charles-- Like the coaches commented, I too like that Melanie doesn't look to fit in, but sometimes, her performances are a little bit too weird. I thought what she did was too ambitious and in parts, pitchy. Adam is mesmerized by her, so he might save her, but I don't believe she will automatically advance.

Team Blake:
Liz Davis sang Independence Day by Martina McBride-- Blake felt that Liz did a great job and he obviously feels she is ready to be a country artist if her brought her to this point. I did hear that there were some pitchy points, but overall this was a strong performance. Blake may have to save her if he wants her to move forward.

Team Blake:
Cassadee Pope sang My Happy Ending by Avril Lavigne-- Cassadee was actually pretty fierce; I thought this was a great song choice for her. Cee Lo felt that her verbratto gave her vulnerability. Adam wanted to see more of her identity. Blake disagreed and added that he thinks Cassadee will be around for a while, and she does pop/ rock really well. Dare I say, she may be the other person from Team Blake to advance based on popularity.

Team Adam:
Bryan Keith sang Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls-- Blake thought it was a great performance but told him to watch his lower register. Christina said he owned the performance and told him to keep up his passion. Adam found his performance comforting, and said the crowd loves you, and I love you. I cannot help but agree with Adam, Bryan is a singer who manages to draw me in no matter what he is singing, and he makes me care about it. I think he's a sure thing to automatically advance.

Team Blake:
Michaela Paige sang Everybody Talks by Neon Trees-- Cee Lo called it the best performance of the night. Adam thought the song was perfect for her, and hoped it wasn't Blake's idea cause he hates it when Blake is right, but it was Blake's idea. Blake has a soft spot for Michaela and he may save her.

Team Blake:
Julio Cesar Castillo sang El Rey-- This was without question, a beautiful performance, but will America understand that? Julio was true to himself and gave a passionate performance. Blake said that Julio made him feel without Blake being able to understand the words. I really think that third spot, Blake's save, is going to be a three way fight to finish, between Liz, Michaela, and Julio.

Team Adam:
Loren Allred sang Around the World by Lisa Stanfield-- I think Loren has been the biggest surprise in terms of full out improving every time that she sings. I do not think she will automatically advance, but I think Adam will consider saving her. Cee Lo called her performance jazzy, smooth, and sexy, and Adam thought she did an amazing job.

Team Adam:
Amanda Brown sang Dream On by Aerosmith-- Christina said, get it girl! Adam said that Amanda's performance was the actual best performance of the night. Amanda just shocks me every time, I didn't think this was the right song for her, boy did she prove me wrong. She can sing anything. She's the only sure thing to advance in this competition.

Team Adam, who I think is moving forward:
Bryan Keith, Amanda Brown, and Melanie Martinez

Team Blake, who I think is moving forward:
Terry McDermott, Cassadee Pope, and Michaela Paige




 

No comments: