Monday, March 5, 2018

The Voice Season 14: Blind Auditions Night 3

Christiana Danielle sang Hotline Bling by Drake-- I'll be honest, it was a weird flip of the song but it was effective and it did show many sides of her voice. Adam turned immediately, shades of Christina Grimmie redoing a Drake song. Kelly turned and Alicia turned at the end. Adam said you are a gift to this show and one of the best voices I have heard in my life. Kelly said it doesn't matter who you pick, you could win this show. Alicia said I can't contain myself, where does this come from?
Christiana chose Alicia

Brett Hunter sang She's a Bad Mama Jama by Carl Carlton-- Blake is the only one who turned, and at first I thought that was about right. However, hearing him and listening to his actual voice and what he could have done had he done a better arrangement. WOW! I hope he does better songs during the competition and proves all the other coaches wrong, although I think they already feel foolish.
Blake chose Brett

Jamai sang U Got it Bad by Usher-- I loved Jamai! He is like a modern day Bobby Brown for sure. I loved his song choice and he put his own nuances on this song. Alicia liked his style. He called Kelly the epitome of music competition winners cause she started it all. This guy is going to be good, I feel it!
Jamai chose Alicia

Mitch Cardoza sang No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley-- I think no one turned because it was a little too free. The vocal was all over the place, but he has talent he should come back!

Mia Boostrom sang Pillowtalk by Zayn-- Hmmm, I kinda liked Mia but then I didn't. I felt like her voice was too low and earthy for me. I wanted that vocal to really soar more. Adam was the only one who turned, there was a reason for that in my opinion. She could have given more, this could have been better.

Jackie Foster sang What About Us by Pink-- Confused about why not everyone didn't hit their button for Jackie. I thought she was great. The musical theater thing that Kelly was talking about can be cleaned up so quickly. Her pitch is awesome and on point. Kelly and Alicia both turn and Blake decides against turning. Alicia goes for it and is very aggressive in her pursuit but.....
Jackie chose Kelly

Kayla Woodson sang Turn on the Radio by Reba-- No turns, and it was too pitchy and out of her range. That's a super tough song to sing.

Reid Umstattd sang Take Me to the Pilot by Elton John-- Great song choice but Reid's voice will need some work and power behind it. He does get Alicia and Adam to turn. Adam says he thinks Reid could win. I don't necessarily see that, but that's Adam's opinion.
Reid chose Adan

Jorge Eduardo sang Despacito by Luis Fonsi-- He came in 4h place on the Mexican version of The Voice, and got a 4 chair turn. He got Kelly Clarkson to turn for him here. He has a good voice, but will he be able to give multi dimensional performances going forward and show many different sides of himself? That's the hope.
Kelly chose Jorge

Jamella sang Dive by Ed Sheeran-- Would have loved to hear what she sounded like.

Angel Bonilla sang Lay Me Down by Sam Smith-- Again, strange, would have loved to hear the voice.

Austin Giorgio sang How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) by Marvin Gaye-- I was not feeling this performance at all. It just sounded way too karaoke for me. Blake and Kelly turn. Blake name-checks Michael Buble.
Austin chose Blake

Johnny Bliss sang Preciosa by Marc Anthony-- This was my performance of the night! Johnny left it all out there. His vocals were strong and passionate. I truly felt the lyrics he was singing. It is crazy that Johnny has not been singing long because he is so good. Adam turned immediately, followed by Alicia and Kelly. Adam blocked Kelly! And they Blake turned. This was a rightful 4 chair turn. Blake and Kelly turn their support to Alicia, so Adam basically doesn't stand a chance. Alicia's mic drop was singing If I Ain't Got You in Spanish.
Johnny chose Alicia

Lots of good ones tonight--- I have my eye on Johnny Bliss, Christiana Danielle, Brett Hunter, and Jamai



No comments: