Tuesday, March 20, 2018

The Voice Season 14: I'm Starving for More Battle Rounds

Team Kelly: Amber Sauer vs. Jorge Eduardo sang Starving by Hailee Steinfeld-- I thought this was such a fun battle. I liked both of them, they're multi-talented. I think they'd adapt well which makes for a strong competitor. For me, Amber overshadowed Jorge, to me she was the presence.  Adam said Amber you're a fantastic singer, Jorge, you're so diverse in what you do. I'd go with you Jorge. Blake said Amber you have so much stage presence, you had the most fun, I'd be going with you Amber. Kelly liked how Jorge brought the guitar in, and she loved how Amber sang in Spanish.
Kelly chose Jorge

Team Adam: Davison vs. Reid Umstattd sang Love on the Brain by Rihanna--  I found this to be somewhat of an odd song choice and pairing, these two guys couldn't be more different from each other, and even for Davison this song didn't really suit him. Blake said he would go with Davison. Kelly thought both of them held their own and she didn't know who she would pick.
Adam chose Reid

Montages.....

Team Blake: Bransen Ireland vs. Jaron Strom sang Head Over Boots by Jon Pardi, Blake chose Jaron

Team Kelly: Jamella vs. Teana Boston sang Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow by Carole King, Kelly chose Jamella

Team Alicia: Johnny Bliss vs. Megan Lee sang Versace on the Floor by Bruno Mars, Alicia chose Johnny

Team Alicia: Jordyn Simone vs. Kelsea Johnson sang Don't Let Go by En Vogue-- I thought Kelsea sounded great in rehearsals but when it came to the actual performance night, I felt like her voice was strained and she faltered. Jordyn's voice was strong and soulful. There was a real fullness and roundness to her tone, and it is so hard to believe she is only 17, I'd go with her.  Adam said he'd go with Jordyn. Blake liked that rasp that Kelsea had in her voice. Kelly also said that she would go with Kelsea.
Alicia chose Kelsea, Adam pushed to steal Jordyn right behind was Kelly. Adam argued that he said Jordyn won that battle, and Jordyn chose Adam



Who did I like tonight? If Kelsea's voice heals she'll be a contender and I see Jordyn taking notes from Adam and only growing from here.

No comments: