Monday, March 19, 2018

The Voice Season 14: Oh Sweet Thing, It's the Battle Rounds ;-)

Team Alicia: Jamai vs. Sharane Calister sang Mercy by Shawn Mendes-- To be honest, I was not thrilled with either but, if I had to choose, Jamai had more vocal control to me. Kelly said Sharane you had so much ache in your voice, and I'd lean towards you. Alicia said Jamai you have grown exponentially and Sharane it's like you've liked 11 lives and you're only 24. 
Alicia chose Sharane, and likened her to Beyonce 

Team Kelly: Brynn Cartelli vs. Dylan Hartigan sang Ready for It by Taylor Swift-- I thought that they were both great. Brynn had a lot of power and energy. Dylan brought a lot of personality and swag. Alicia said, I like people that get on the floor Dylan because it shows that you really want it. Adam said, are you really 14 Brynn? You're a star. I'd go with you. Blake said you're both young-- Dylan you have a good voice and Brynn you're a star, but it got pretty loud for Dylan. 
Kelly chose Brynn, and Blake stole Dylan! 


Team Blake: Jesslee vs. Kyla Jade sang One Last Time by Arianna Grande-- I think both ladies did a great job considering this song was so far out of their lane in terms of vocal style. Kelly really got into it, I could tell she was really feeling Kyla. Alicia said both of them shined and reminded Kyla not to shut down on her greatness. I think like Blake said, she is so used to being in the background that she almost isn't used to being in the lead. Blake said Kyla really had to figure out how to not be a background singer. 
Blake chose Kyla

Team Adam: Rayshun LaMarr vs. Tish Haynes Keys sang Sweet Thing by Chaka Kahn-- Wow, I don't dance, at all, ever! These two had me wanting to get up and dance. They were so good, their voices blended well and were so soulful. Kelly and Adam were up out of their seats, now this is a legit battle! Both of them deserve to move on. Adam said you both had a moment and that happened cause you were together. Kelly said Tish you remind me so much of Chaka and Aretha, I'd love both of you on my team. Alicia said you both were amazing. Adam said I love you both equally and both should be in this competition. 
Adam chose Rayshun and Kelly stole Tish


Team Alicia: Christiana Danielle vs. Shana Halligan sang Use Somebody by Kings of Leon-- I actually did not love the way they changed up that song, I wish it would have been more true to the original. Adam said that there is something very unique about Christiana. Alicia loved it and thought that they killed it. Hey, that's all that matters!
Alicia chose Christiana

Team Kelly: D.R. King vs. Jackie Foster sang Sign of the Times by Harry Styles-- Alicia said it was her fave battle so far. Oh wow, I disagree Alicia! I thought the battle from Team Adam was the best one. I will agree this was a close second. Both of them had strong voices. D.R. has an unreal falsetto, it's so clear and Jackie has so much power behind her voice. Adam said that they were astonishing, and Kelly said that she loves them both and couldn't imagine pairing them with anyone else. This was a standing ovation but all 4 coaches. Unsure why Rayshun and Tish wasn't a standing ovation as well. 
Kelly chose D.R., and there was a triple steal for Jackie
Adam said Jackie what you did is definitive. Alicia said Jackie you stood on your own, separate from D.R. Blake said I love Jackie, and reminded her about how he stole Chloe last year. 
Jackie chose Adam   


So many amazing singers tonight--- BIG voices! Who impressed me? Every battle that had a steal.... these vocalists are contenders-- Brynn, Dylan, Tish, Rayshun, D.R. King, Jackie is a dark horse. 

No comments: