Monday, March 12, 2018

The Voice Season 14: Night 5 of the Blinds

Stephanie Skipper sang Piece by Piece by Kelly Clarkson-- Wow, Stephanie picked for me what is Kelly Clarkson's most personal song, and she just sang it so beautifully and put her own stamp on it. Kelly said it is so cool that you picked that song. Stephanie and Kelly thanked each other for singing that song. Adam and Blake turned. Blake said I applaud you for doing something scary and for giving us such a passionate performance. Adam said he will help Stephanie to let go and be more creative.
Stephanie chose Adam

Tish Haynes Keys sang Chain of Fools by Aretha Franklin-- Adam and Kelly turned for Tish who took on Aretha flawlessly. She didn't try to impersonate her but she was so soulful. Tish said Kelly you mean so much to my musical career I watched TV when the world met you, but I want to learn, grow, and be different so I choose Adam. She said she chose Adam because he said he is going to take her our of her comfort zone.
Tish chose Adam

Bransen Ireland sang Tulsa Time by Don Williams-- Bransen has an authentic country sound, this is a niche of country we're not hearing a lot right now, so he may do well. I don't love his performance, but I suppose that's something that he could work on. Adam and Blake turned. Adam said you're singing a song that states you won't be on my team. Alicia said Adam turned before Blake. Kelly said you won't have any competition on Adam's team. Despite Alicia and Kelly teaming up to push for Adam, Bransen chose Blake.

Teana Boston sang Unfaithful by Rihanna-- I liked this girl! She needs a little bit of work, but she's a sponge and she is going to absolutely soak up everything Kelly teaches her. Kelly said it's crazy that you're 16, and I am gonna win this show. Alicia said this is a hard song choice, you were brave. Adam said you're gonna be so far ahead of the curve. Blake said we're all going to regret not turning for you, I've been doing this show probably since before you were born.
Kelly chose Teana

Miya Bass sang Issues by Julia Michaels-- WOW! Such a mistake that no one turned other than Adam! She was really good, I loved her take on that song, very soulful with some punch. Adam said I am a huge fan of that song, I think Julia Michaels is a genius. You were amazing, until you got in your head, but you're super dope.
Adam chose Miya

Livia Faith sang Dream a Little Dream of Me-- Hmm, it's interesting to me how the people that Adam doesn't turn for are the ones I am normally least impressed with. I found her voice to be a little too sweet, almost like I wanted her to rough it up a little bit. Kelly and Blake turned. She talked about before going into her audition that she wanted Blake to choose her. At the very end Alicia turned, and she chose Alicia!
Livia chose Alicia

Jordan Kirkdorffer sang In Case You Didn't Know by Brett Young-- This guy is good, strong vocal, good range, and has the swag. Adam turned first and then Blake. Adam cringed when Blake turned. Adam said, do I have a chance? Adam said oh, but it sounds like a small one. He told him there was a lot of dimensions in his voice-- there was country and there was pop as well. Kelly defended Adam. Adam said I didn't need a vote or verification from Blake to turn around.
Jordan chose Blake

Shana Halligan sang Bang Bang by Cher-- Hmm, she reminds me of someone with that voice, I can't think of who.... a little bit of Amy Winehouse. Alicia was the only one who turned..... I think Shana also sounds a little like Florence from Florence and the Machine. Shana, to me, is someone who potentially could be big in this competition, she's kind of like a diamond in the rough, lot of potential with her.
Alicia chose Shana

Gary Edwards sang What's Going On by Marvin Gaye-- Gary sang a song that continues to have such relevance like Adam said. I loved how he made What's Going On his own. His falsetto was awesome. Adam turned almost immediately whereas Blake turned towards the end. Blake said you're in my neck of the woods in Texas. He said if you choose Adam as your coach, maybe you can advise him to put on another shirt.
Gary chose Adam

Hannah Goebel sang If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys-- Hannah was amazing from the first note, and she picked such a great song. Everyone turned but Kelly blocked Alicia which was strategic in such a smart way.
Hannah chose Kelly

I'm looking out for Stephanie, Tena, and Miya!

No comments: