Monday, March 26, 2018

The Voice Season 14: The Battles Are So Good.... Just Thinking Out Loud

Team Blake: Kaleb Lee vs. Pryor Baird sang Don't Do Me Like That by Tom Petty-- I thought both of them had such strong and unique tones. I like Kaleb's stage presence more but I like Pryor's voice more. Alicia liked that they both had such vibrant energy and she would go with Kaleb. Adam said he fought for Pryor in the blinds, but wanted to point out Kaleb's subtle talent despite that fact that he would go with Pryor. Blake said thanks for coming to The Voice and letting us experience this.
Blake chose Pryor and Kelly stole Caleb!

Team Adam: Genesis Diaz vs. Mia Boostrom sang Because of You by Kelly Clarkson-- I liked Genesis more, I thought she pushed just a little further than Mia did vocally. Kelly said she's been singing that song a long time, and wrote it at 16. Kelly said Genesis, you're a pistol, but Mia the song is better suited to you. I liked both of you. Adam likes how almost out of control Genesis is, and he thinks both of them are so different.
Adam chose Mia

Team Kelly: Justin Kilgore vs. Molly Stevens sang Burning House by Cam-- I would go with Justin, although I felt like the feeling in this song and performance was so genuine for both of them. Adam said selfishly I would go with you Justin, but Molly, when you sing, people know that it's you. Blake said I turned for both of you, Justin, your presence is wide and deep, and Molly your falsetto, I've never heard anything like that. Kelly said you're both emotional and vulnerable.
Kelly chose Justin

Team Adam: Drew Cole vs. Miya Bass sang Knocking on Heaven's Door by Bob Dylan-- I love the juxtaposition between these two performers. Their differences are so complimentary. It's hard for me to choose. Blake liked how creative Miya was with the melody and he'd probably go for her. Alicia liked their interpretations and how it was totally in Drew's wheelhouse but she felt Miya owned it. Adam said that they are what he loves about music, and he said that they are so natural.
Adam chose Drew and Alicia stole Miya

Team Blake: Jordan Kirkendorffer vs. Wilkes sang Nobody to Blame by Chris Stapleton-- Wow, this was my fave battle of the night. I loved the dynamics in this performance, they were both turned up at different points during this song. Jordan is what country sounds like on the radio right now. Wilkes does such cool things with the melody of the song, he's a true performer. Kelly said if she had a steal, she'd steal whoever did not move on.
Blake chose Wilkes

Team Alicia: Britton Buchanan vs. Jaclyn Lovey sang Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran-- I was indifferent to these two. There were well matched, I think I'd go with Jaclyn if I had to make a choice. Adam said Britton, I wanted you on my team and Blake blocked me. Jaclyn, you're a revelation. Kelly said Jaclyn you're incredible, and I would be stealing you if you were up for grabs. Alicia said Britton you were far better than any rehearsal, and Jaclyn, you had such a sweetness to your voice. At 16, you own who you are. Kelly said Jaclyn looked like Julia Robert's daughter.... hmmm, she actually does.
Alicia chose Britton, Blake stole Jaclyn, he said she is a work horse and friggin awesome! I agree.

Wilkes, Miya, Kaleb, and Pryor are a few people I am going to be watching closely!

No comments: