Tuesday, February 27, 2018

The Voice Season 14: Night 2 of the Blinds, and It Don't Need No Doctor!

Davison sang To Love Somebody by The Bee Gees-- All the coaches debated turning but only Adam and Blake did. I agreed with Alicia's comment that he has a storyteller type of voice. Blake said you have a vintage quality to your voice. Adam said before I released my first album I listened to the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, and if that's the kind of record you wanna make, I know who you are. Blake promised that Davison would be the centerpiece of his team.
Davison chose Adam

Jaclyn Lovey sang Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley-- She may have been the person I have liked the most so far this season. At 16, wow, I loved her interpretation of that song. I loved the liberties she took with that song, her courage to change and add her own nuances. One of my favorites, loved this! Blake and Alicia turned. Blake said as I was listening to you singing, I was picturing myself riding a unicorn and holding a care bear.
Jaclyn chose Alicia

Sophia Dion sang What A Man-- No one turned, there were some pitch issues here. Kelly said she was looking for a little extra. Blake said the lyrics needed to be cleaned up a little.

Molly Stevens sang Heavenly Day by Patti Griffin-- Blake and Kelly turned almost immediately. Kelly said do you want to do soulful country rock? Kelly said I love all genres of music. Adam said Kelly would be a great fit for you, and Blake said how am I not surprised you said that. Truthfully, I felt like I didn't love her as much as they did. I almost felt like her voice was too husky!
Molly chose Kelly.... Blake dodged a bullet

Dylan Hartigan sang Danny's Song by Loggins and Messina-- I liked his voice, but I did NOT like the song choice. He's into folk rock. I have never been a huge fan of that song. His voice seems versatile though and Kelly was the only coach to turn, so we have a match!
Kelly chose Dylan

Pryor Baird sang I Don't Need No Doctor by Ray Charles-- Pryor has so much soul! There is a bluesy feel to his voice and there's this grit and rasp in his vocal. Adam loved the way he sang and played, and believes Pryor would be at home on his team. Blake said you're an incredible vocalist, you have that weathered sound, and I want you on my team. Alicia said you have such power and range.
Pryor chose Blake

 My prediction: I see Jaclyn and Pryor making big strides in this competition and being around for a good while! ;-)

No comments: