Monday, February 26, 2018

The Voice: Season 14, Kelly Clarkson joins as a Coach, and The Blinds Begin

Britton Buchanan sang Trouble by Ray LaMontagne-- Britton has a mature voice. Alicia turned first, and then Blake who blocked Adam turned. Britton talked about how much he loved when Adam did I love L.A. with Randy Newman and Adam is bummed that he was blocked. Adam thinks he should choose Alicia Keys. Blake admitted he blocked Adam because he wants Britton on his team so much.
Britton chose Alicia

Brynn Cartelli sang Beneath Your Beautiful by Labrinth-- Brynn is from Massachusetts and is only 14. She sounds young but she has a great voice. Kelly and Blake turned, and Kelly tells her she could win with her. Brynn admits she has been a fan of Kelly forever. Adam advocates for Kelly.
Brynn chose Kelly

Rayshun LaMarr sang Don't Stop Believing by Journey-- Wow, he had cancer, and maybe it was his life experiences but Rayshun made me believe in him. I loved this, and it was an unexpected song on him but it was the right song for him. Adam, Alicia, and Blake turned.
Rayshun chose Adam

Kyla Jade sang See Saw by Aretha Franklin-- Kelly and Blake turned. Kyla is a back up singer for J. Hud. Kyla is someone with a definite vocal style, she kind of reminds me of La'Porsha Renae in many ways. Kelly loves her sass and reminds Kyla that she has won a musical competition before. Blake doesn't say much but happens to get Kyla on his team. Kyla tells Kelly that they have Aretha in common but that Wynonna gave her her first big break so she needs to go with Blake.
Kyla chose Blake

Blaise Raccuglia sang Wanted by Hunter Hayes--  I saw where he was going with this and it was good but he didn't have enough vocal dynamics in his voice to warrant a turn.

Kelsea Johnson sang Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meaghan Trainor-- Adam, Kelly, and Alicia turn. Adam said I am the most experienced coach. Alicia said you have talent, and I am a monster, a beast, I don't stop. Hmm, on this one, I liked her voice, but I'm not sold. I need to hear her again.
Kelsea chose Alicia

Drew Cole sang Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground-- Adam turned almost immediately, he sounds a lot like Adam with the falsetto. Blake turned near the end. Drew said he partially chose that song because of Adam's cover. Blake said that although you might choose Adam, think about choosing me. Adam seems to believe that Drew will be the winner of this whole thing. I am not sure about that, but he could get far with the right song choices.
Drew chose Adam

D.R. King sang Believer by Imagine Dragons-- D.R. was a teacher, but was not happy with that. I agree with Blake's comments; he has a powerful voice. Kelly said D.R. sang a soulful rendition of that song, and made it his own and that's why she loved it. Blake thought his voice was explosive.
D.R. chose Kelly

Caleb Lee sang Never Wanted Nothing More by Kenny Chesney-- I like Caleb, I think he was the first real performer on the stage tonight. I hadn't been moved til now. Blake said your voice is very Texas red dirt country style. He said his voice is very graveley and bluesy--- radio ready. Kelly broke out singing her hit with Jason Aldean, Don't You Wanna Stay. She was convincing!
Caleb said his kids all love Blake, so Caleb chose Blake

Makenzie Thomas sang Redbone by Childish Gambino-- Makenzie is really into singing R&B. Adam and Alicia were both close to turning.

Justin Kilgore sang Tomorrow by Chris Young-- Justin is a country singer, and what do you know, Alicia blocked Blake when he went to turn. This was a 4 chair turn! Blake said I know that's you, I got screwed. Alicia said you move my spirit, I definitely have a vision for you. Kelly said do you know Reba McEntire? My mommy in law is Reba. Adam said he will call anyone he wants him too. Do whatever you want to do because one thing is for sure, you're not choosing Blake, cause he's blocked. Blake blocked is a victory for me. With the exception of Blake Shelton who is disqualified, AMEN, who do you choose said Adam.
Justin chooses Kelly

Big Prediction: Caleb and D.R. are going far in this competition for me.

No comments: